Reviews of Coco de Mer Hotel
They do not necessarily represent the views of Expert Africa.
Beautiful view from our room
The GM Arturo could not have offered us a warmer welcome… and everything functioned like clockwork. Delicious food; kitchen could not be faulted. Loved the beach… lapping waves, little lagoons, especially good for small kids. Adults can swim off the jetty to avoid the heavy seaweed in the shore area. Loved the paddle-boarding (thank you Joseph at watersports!)Read more about the whole beach holiday
They do not get better than this hotel!
This has to be THE top hotel though I can see that some people might find the rooms a little old fashioned.
The room was large, comfortable, huge bed, nice bath and shower, lots of hot water and since we were on the beach front a great view in the evenings and mornings.
The monsoon was blowing in the right direction for the hotel and therefore no weed, clear water, no waves and great snorkelling.
Food excellent and the choice very good.
The staff were really very friendly and helpful. How nice to have free tea and cakes at 4pm-5pm.
And the biggest surprise was that the hotel appeared so quiet. It was reasonably full though it seemed not so. Just reflects how nice the experience was........relaxing and luxurious.
A very relaxing environment
1. The quality of the room was excellent and the standard of cleaning was very high.
2. The food was very good. The a la carte menu was good, but perhaps a little lacking in variety. The buiffets were excellent and vey well presented. Breakfasts were very good and the poolside drinks and lunch were good.
3. Service in the restaurant was very good and the provision of equipment (eg snorkelling mask etc.) was appreciated.
4. The only minor complaint was that shampoo and shower gel was not replaced as it was used - we had to ask for more and on one ocassion had to ask twice before it was provided.
5. Staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly.
6. The location was good and the private beach gave a very relaxing feel.
7. Made an interesting contrast to the Sans Souci geusthouse in terms of its beach side location.