Spotted hyena safari: costs
Cost of this trip
- The prices shown are per person sharing; call us for single person supplements.
- For a more elemental adventure, consider one or two nights of fly-camping in the Selous.
This trip includes
- Economy flights, as above, plus UK airport departure taxes.
- All transfers in Africa.
- Current park fees for the national parks: for Selous these are U$75 per person per night, and for Ruaha they are U$50 per person per night.
- Guided safari activities, including 4WD game drives in both parks, plus boat trips and walks in Selous Game Reserve.
- Filtered water/tea/coffee drinks are included, but other drinks are extra.
- A comprehensive pack of information for your trip including a copy of the Bradt Travel Guide to Zanzibar, Pemba & Mafia which includes a chapter on Selous and Ruaha.
This trip excludes
- Any park fee increases over and above the rates that have been included above.
- Laundry at the camps and your drinks (both soft and alcoholic).
- The cost of the armed game rangers used for walks in Ruaha. These are about US$25 per walk (per group, not per person) plus an additional US$10 per person, and must be paid locally.
- Tips and gratuities, which are optional.