Game drives in the huge Selous Game Reserve are usually in open-sided 4WDs.
Kinyanguru Camp: Our full report
***Stop Press: We've recently heard that this lodge is up for sale and therefore not operating as usual. When we tried to visit, we were not able to stay there, nor were we able to get any information about the camp. We would not recommend our travellers stay here.***
Kinyanguru Camp is a new camp in the Selous Game Reserve. Expert Africa hasen't yet had the chance to visit this lodge, but this is what the camp has told us about itself:
- Situated in a remote area of the Selous Game Reserve's unspoiled wilderness
- Camp set within a riverine forest.
- Mess under thatch, with a mixture of solid wooden furniture and leather sofas
- 12 en suite tents , all with views over the river
- Each tent is traditionally styled, equipped with a fan and inside shower
- Activities: walking safaris, game drives (half or full-day options available)
- Access: through our own Kinyanguru Airstrip which is a 5 minutes drive from the Camp
- Swimming pool
- Power generated by a silent generator; battery charging facilities
We're in the process of gathering more information on this new camp, so watch this space!
Laundry facilities: 0