Lake Manze Adventure Camp: Information from the owner
All the information on this page is supplied to us directly from the lodge owner and reflects their view, not ours.
For Expert Africa's view, see our own report, which contains our own observations and views.
Main description of Lake Manze Adventure Camp
The camp nestles between two parts of Lake Manze, so there is usually a cooling breeze. The Lake Manze area is one of the richest for game in the entire Selous, both in the dry and wet seasons. There is a cool and shady thatched lodge with a dining area and a sitting area, overlooking the lake.
The camp maintains simplicity – there are no extra frills here. Though the result isn't luxurious, it is certainly exciting; you do feel like you are out in the wilderness, and animals wander freely through the camp, especially elephants, which love the nuts of the doum palms.
• By Lake Manze, in west of Selous Game Reserve, 1 hour drive from Siwandu Airstrip.
• Lodge with dining room, lounge and bar overlooking the lake.
• Power points in bar area for charging batteries.
• No electricity in tents, candles and torches in tents, and paraffin lamps outside.
• Solar operated fans in tents.
• No children up to 6 years for safety reasons.
• Accommodation: Twelve en-suite tents.
• 2 of which are family tents with an extra room in the front in place of veranda.
• 8 4x4 cars with driver and guide, max 4-6 pax. 4 boats.
• Game drives and boat safaris.
• Walking safaris from camp with armed ranger and guide. On request, in season.
• Fishing is charged at USD 10 per rod, max 3 fish.