Victoria Falls Safari Lodge: Information from the owner
All the information on this page is supplied to us directly from the lodge owner and reflects their view, not ours.
For Expert Africa's view, see our own report, which contains our own observations and views.
|No. of rooms||72|
Main description of Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
Established over 18 years as an icon of Zimbabwe hospitality Victoria Falls Safari Lodge was acclaimed, in the Conde Nast Traveler 2012 Gold List, as one of Africa’s finest safari lodges. Flagship of the AAT Group, few lodges can surpass its sublime location.
- Spectacular panoramic natural-world vista overlooks a wildlife waterhole
- All public areas revitalised in 2012
- All 72 rooms magnificently refurbished and restyled in 2013
- All rooms face the pristine “far-as-the-eye-can-see” wilderness landscape
- Just 4 kms from nature’s masterpiece, the Victoria Falls
- Voted Zimbabwe’s Best Safari Lodge for 17 years in succession by the Association of Zimbabwe Travel Agents (AZTA).
- Superb venue for small meetings of up to 80
- Acclaimed as a notable international-class incentive experience
- MaKuwa-Kuwa – our la carte restaurant, Buffalo Bar terrace and pool area all overlook the waterhole offering a spectacular location for the often glorious sunsets.
- Complimentary coach shuttle service to town centre and the falls just 5 minutes away
- Facilities include an Activities Desk and Safari Spa
- On-property Boma Restaurant for a festive African-style feast and entertainment
- Inspirational venues for stylish weddings
- Victoria Falls is the acclaimed Adventure Capital of Africa.
Victoria Falls Lodge: Facilities
|Room facilities||Tea / Coffee, Safe, Air Conditioning, Deck, En-Suite, Fan, Shower, Disabled Rooms, Hair Dryer, Internet|
|Available services||Airport Shuttles, Babysitting Service, Credit Card, Laundry Service, Room Service, Travel Desk|
|Activities on site||(some activities may be seasonal) Bird Watching, Game Viewing, Game Walks, Fine Dining, Massages, Walks, Boat Cruises, Child Friendly Activities, Cultural Tours, Game Drives, General Sightseeing, Horse Riding, Kayaking / Paddling, Adrenaline Activities, Animal Encounters, Big 5, Canoeing, Elephant-back Safaris, Fishing, Golf, Helicopter Rides, Historical Tours, Horse-back Safaris, River Cruises, Safaris, Tree-top Canopy Tours|
Room types at Victoria Falls Lodge
The spacious deluxe rooms each have a mini bar and private balcony with prime views of the waterhole. Five of these rooms accommodate a rollaway bed for a child under 12 years.
Our suites are duplex style, with an open plan lounge leading onto a private balcony with spectacular views. This level also has a mini bar, variety of coffee table books and a guest toilet/ cloakroom. An open staircase leads up to the bedroom and en-suite raised bathroom with a large luxury bath and separate shower cubicle with massaging jets. There are telephones in lounge, bedroom and bathroom.
Each standard room has either a double bed or twin beds, a bathroom with a luxury bath and separate shower, and a balcony overlooking the National Park and facing the sunset.
Activities at Victoria Falls Lodge
Enjoy hours in the sunshine, learning about the African bush and wildlife. Walks generally depart at 06h15 and you will return at about 14h30.
Our onsite guide can take you on a walk down to the Hide, which overlooks the waterhole. This is an amazing opportunity to have an up-close experience with game and is brilliant for photos.
Vulture Culture Experience
All guests at the resort, as well as visitors to the Lodge are invited to enjoy this daily educational activity affectionately referred to as the ‘Vulture Culture’ experience.
This program is for guests at the resort, as well as visitors. It focuses on the ecological importance of raptors and scavengers in order to maintain and to build an overall awareness of conservations issues these birds face. By educating about the feeding habits and conservation of vultures, we are not only creating awareness of the conservations issues that faces these birds, but benefiting their living environment within the area.
The experience occurs daily at 1300hrs in front of the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, and lasts approximately 30 minutes.
The activity is great for photography and bird identification, and to date is thoroughly enjoyed by guests and visitors.
At 1245hrs, our resident guide gathers the guests sitting at the Buffalo Bar to join him to head to down to the feeding area. Carcasses from The Boma dinner the previous night are thrown out to attract circling vultures. This is an amazing experience as there is activity in the sky at 1245hrs and by 1300hrs – it is heaving with over 100 vultures and other birds of prey.