Selous Impala Camp: Information from the owner
All the information on this page is supplied to us directly from the lodge owner and reflects their view, not ours.
For Expert Africa's view, see our own report, which contains our own observations and views.
Main description of Selous Impala Camp
The camp overlooks the rippling Rufiji River, sheltering under Borassus palms and Tamarind trees
and provides superb comfort, wonderful wildife and dining under the stars.
Impala Camp was set up by old East Africa hand Gillie Zanacchi and his wife Tessa as a retreat where they could take their friends to enjoy the animals and the bush.
It soon became obvious they would have to share!
It is located about one hour's pleasant game drive from Mtemere Airstrip, in the eastern side of the photographic area of Selous Game Reserve, north of the Rufiji Rver.
It lies between two beautiful lakes - Mzizimia and Siwandu - which attract a rich variety of game, both in the wet months of November, March and June, and in the dry seasons.
• Location: On the Rufiji River, about half an hour west of Mtemere Airstrip.
• Dining lodge, with lounge and bar.
• Swimming pool.
• Accommodation: 8 luxury en-suite tents on platforms, with verandas.
• Two family tents consisting of two tents on one platform, each with its own bathroom.
• 24/7 electricity including lighting, fans & UK 3 pin 240v socket.
• Combination safe in each tent.
• Excursions: Boat Safaris and Game drives.
• 6 Four-WD vehicles, each with driver and guide. Max 4 pax per car.
• 4 boats - two 8-seaters, two 6-seaters.
• Walking from camp with armed guard and guide.
• Fishing - USD 15 per person per session, 3 fish max.
• Fly-camping - USD 200 pppn supplement.