Travel reviews by Mr & Miss S from UK
Total number of trips
Lodges stayed in
Really enjoyable holiday
Namibia between 14 Apr 2017 and 29 Apr 2017
The only downside was Zebra River Lodge - i strongly suggest you drop this accommodation.
Hoodia, Kipwe & Erongo were our highlights.
Two very minor points on your itinerary:
1) I think Hoodia directions are wrong - to be fair it is wrongly located on a number of maps; and
2) Be aware that Kipwe does not provide a laundry service (we had planned to use it but no service exists)."
Zebra River Lodge
- Firstly, they were sad that the guests hadn’t complained immediately, to any of the lodge team, whilst at the lodge. (Apparently the owner, Mr Jean Pierre Rambert, was present during their stay.)
- They assured us that all rooms were fully furnished when these travellers stayed here, although apologised for the lack of mosquito nets, which had been delivered late. They assured us that they had explained this to these travellers.
- They assured us that they always do their best to accommodate all guests needs – and that the lodge was full when these travellers visited.
We understand that within the last year Zebra River Lodge has had a change of ownership. We have built up a great relationship with the former owners over a number of years and we hope that the experience of these travellers is an isolated one.
We will keep a close eye on feedback coming back from further travellers to this lodge and will not hesitate to stop recommending it if we think it is not up to standard.
Hoodia Desert Lodge
Sea Breeze Guesthouse
Onguma Forest Camp
"Very good and comfortable"
Erongo Wilderness Lodge
East Africa and Zanzibar
Tanzania and 1 other country between 9 Feb 2012 and 24 Feb 2012
Advice from your agent was helpful and informative.
Suggestions to help us improve our trips or our service:
Don't go to Stone Town!"
Arranged By Elizabeth Chapman
Ruaha River Lodge
"Ruaha River Lodge review"
"Selous Impala Camp review"
Matemwe Beach Village, Zanzibar (this camp has since closed)
"Matemwe Beach Village review"
Lodge not featured by Expert Africa