Ukhozi Lodge: Information from the owner
- Safari Lodge
- No. of rooms
- Check-in time
- Check-out time
About this information
All the information on this page is supplied to us directly from the lodge owner and reflects their view, not ours.
For Expert Africa's view, see our own full report on Ukhozi Lodge, which contains our own observations and views.
- Last updated by Owner
- 10 Jun 2021
Facilities at Ukhozi Lodge
- Property facilities
- 24-hour Security, Bar, Gym (nearby), Internet Access, Malaria Free, Mobile Connectivity, Pool, Restaurant, Secure Parking, Spa
- Room facilities
- Air Conditioning, Balcony / Deck, En-Suite, Fan, Hair Dryer, Heated Towel Rails, Heater, Lounge Area, Mini Bar, Private Pool / Jacuzzi, Shower, Tea / Coffee
- Activities on site
- Big 5, Bird Watching, Canoeing, Fishing, Game Drives, Game Viewing, Game Walks, Kayaking, Massages, Rhino Tracking, Safaris, Walks
- Nearby activities
- Beach, Elephant-back Safaris, Fishing, General Sightseeing, Golf, Health and Fitness Centre, Hiking, Historical Tours, Horse Riding, Horse-back Safaris, Hot-air Ballooning, Mountain Biking, Museums, Sky Diving, Snorkeling, Squash Court, Surfing, Tennis Court, Water Skiing
- Afrikaans, English, Xhosa
Room types at Ukhozi Lodge
10 luxury, log constructed suites, each with private plunge pool and deck, air-conditioning, heating, king-sized bed, spacious en-suite bathroom with twin basins and separate shower and bath, tea & coffee making facilities.
Activities at Ukhozi Lodge
Try canoeing for a scenic exercise option, or opt for a leisurely paddle enjoying the sights and sounds of river life. A great activity for the whole family.
Home to two abundant rivers - The Kariega and Bushman's Rivers - Kariega is a great place for fishing.
The Kariega Game Reserve safari experience is centered around twice daily game drives. Guests will be delighted with close up viewing of a diversity of wild African game including lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo, hippo, giraffe, zebra, a host of antelope species, and much more including a myriad of exquisite birdlife. Skilled and knowledgeable game rangers will spend time unraveling some of the secrets of the African bush, will see to any specific requests, and ensure that all your questions are answered.
The Kariega Wellness Centre is a great place to unwind and relax, offering luxurious treatments and therapies.
Enjoy an early morning boat cruise on the Kariega River on board the 'Kariega Queen' viewing exquisite scenery and enchanting birdlife including the Crowned, Martial and African Fish Eagles.
At Kariega Game Reserve there are a number of walking trails that guests can enjoy with their ranger. Guided safari walks allow guests to experience the feel of the African bush and enjoy watching wildlife and birds on foot.
Other lodges in Kariega Game Reserve
Alternative places to stay in this same area.