Southern Cross Beach House: Our full report
The Southern Cross Beach House is a delightful beach front guest house overlooking the sea at Plettenberg Bay.
Southern Cross Beach House is a relaxed colonial-style property with white painted shutters and balconies, and oozes relaxed beachside living. It has five tastefully decorated rooms opening out onto a veranda and sunny well-maintained garden courtyard. Each en-suite bedroom is decorated in natural tones of sea and sand and has DSTV and Wi-Fi
Breakfast is served on the outside veranda with views over the sea, or indoors when the weather is not so good.
There are lovely views across the bay to the Tsitsikamma Mountains beyond. A boardwalk leads directly from the lodge onto the 5 km long beach. Nearby is the Robberg Nature Reserve, great for hiking, birding and whale-watching in season. (August to October)
The relaxed Southern Cross Beach House has uninterrupted views of the sea, and is yet just a few minutes drive into the town of Plettenberg Bay. A great base for exploring the Garden Route.
South Africa expert
- Plettenberg Bay | Garden Route, South Africa
- Ideal length of stay
- 3 - 4 nights
- Accessible by
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Beach holidays
- Towards the south end of Plettenberg Bay, 5km of white sandy beaches stretch from the doorstep of Southern Cross. A scattering of marine visitors – like seals, dolphins and Southern right whales – can help make for an interesting beach holidays.
- See ideas for Beach holidays
- Attitude towards children
- Water supply
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Fire safety
- Disabled access
- On Request
- Laundry facilities
- Laundry is available
Other lodges in Plettenberg Bay | Garden Route
Alternative places to stay in this same area.