Serena Hotel Dar: Our full report
Located in the centre of town, the Serena Hotel Dar is perhaps the city's best large hotel.This is an ideal property for short overnight stops, and has everything you would expect from a good quality international style hotel.
The Serena Hotel Dar (previously the Moevenpick Royal Palm Hotel) has 230 rooms in total, including:
- 36 Executive Rooms, each with its own private executive lounge;
- 9 Junior Suites
- 3 Diplomatic Suites
- 1 Presidential Suite.
All the rooms here have individually controllable air-conditioning systems, direct-dial phone, a high-speed internet connection, satellite TV, hairdryer, a fridge/mini-bar, a room safe and in-room tea and coffee-making facilities.
There are several dining options including two restaurants offering themed nights using fresh local produce, a bar for light bites and drinks and an on-site coffee shop and patisserie.
The outdoor pool area is an ideal place to relax and unwind after a long journey, and if you have the time there is a spa offering a selection of massages and treatments.
The Serena Hotel Dar is a slick international style hotel located in the centre of town. It is a good base to rest and refresh after a long international journey, before starting your safari. You can expect good service and comfortable surroundings, although due to its size it is naturally a little impersonal.
Country manager: Tanzania
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Ideal length of stay
- Usually just one night – when over-nighting between connections.
- It's a 45-minute drive from the airport, depending on the traffic.
- Accessible by
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Dining style
- Individual Tables
- Dining locations
- Indoor and Outdoor Dining
- Further dining info, including room service
- Drinks included
- Tea and coffee from in-room facilities
- Attitude towards children
- Children are welcome at The Serena.
- Property’s age restrictions
- There are no age restrictions.
- Generally recommended for children
- There is cell phone reception at the Serena Hotel Dar, and in-room phones.
- TV & radio
- There are televisions in all of the rooms. There are also computer connections and WiFi in the rooms for those wanting to use their own laptops.
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Medical care
- The nearest hospital is a 15-minute drive away from the Serena Hotel Dar.
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Fire safety
- There are fire extinguishers and smoke alarms at the Serena Hotel Dar.
- Disabled access
- On Request
- Laundry facilities
- Full Laundry Service - Extra Charge
- There is a facility to change money here, athough their rates are not always the best in town.
- Accepted payment on location
- Credit cards are accepted.
Other lodges in Dar es Salaam
Alternative places to stay in this same area.