Hohenstein Lodge: Information from the owner
- No. of rooms
- Check-in time
- Check-out time
About this information
All the information on this page is supplied to us directly from the lodge owner and reflects their view, not ours.
For Expert Africa's view, see our own full report on Hohenstein Lodge, which contains our own observations and views.
- Last updated by Owner
- 17 May 2022
Facilities at Hohenstein Lodge
- Property facilities
- 24-hour Security, Bar, Disability Services, Eco Friendly, Internet Access (Complimentary), Laundry Service (Available), Malaria Free, Mobile Connectivity, Pool, Restaurant, Secure Parking
- Room facilities
- Detached Private Bathroom, Disabled Rooms, Fan, Hair Dryer, Laundry Service (Available), Lounge Area, Mosquito Nets, Safe, Shower, Tea / Coffee, Verandah, Wheelchair Friendly
- Activities on site
- Bird Watching, Cycling, Game Viewing, Walks (Guided), Walks (Self Guided)
- Nearby activities
- Bird Watching, Cultural Tours, Hiking, Rhino Tracking, Rock Climbing, Walks (Guided), Walks (Self Guided)
- Afrikaans, English, German
Room types at Hohenstein Lodge
Spacious double room with a double or twin beds (please specify preference), bathroom en-suite. mosquito nets, fan, safe. shady terrace with private atmosphere and unique scenic view belonging to each room.
Spacious interleading double rooms with twin beds, bathroom en-suite. mosquito nets, fan, safe. shady terrace with private atmosphere and unique scenic view belonging to each room.
Spacious superior chalet with living room, bedroom with an extra large twin bed, bathroom en-suite. Relax in the private atmosphere of the shady terrace belonging to the chalet and enjoy the unique scenic view.
Rates include Dinner, Bed + Breakfast
Activities at Hohenstein Lodge
Hiking Trails, Nature Drive and Bird watching
• Sundowner / Nature drives
• Guided half-day nature excursion to the most interesting landscape of the farm, characterized by spectacular rock formations and fascinating vegetation
• Hikes or walks on well-maintained trails on the farm grounds, through dry river beds and past ancient camelthorn trees
• Bird watching
NATURE EXCURSION ON THE FARM GROUNDS OF HOHENSTEIN LODGE
This afternoon excursion starts with a 20minutes drive on a game drive car to the staring point of the guided hiking tour and leads to the most interesting landscape of the farm, characterized by spectacular rock formations and fascinating vegetation. The experienced nature guide will explain the geological highlights of the Erongo mountains as well as the special vegetation of the area. The minerals found on the mountain - semi-precious stones like tourmaline and aquamarine are mined here - are just as much a subject as the rock paintings of the Bushmen. With some luck, giraffes, various antelope species or other animals can also be spotted.
On the way back, spectacular views including the sun setting behind the majestic Spitzkoppe mountain and amazing photographic opportunities are waiting. After having a sundowner on a beautiful place, another twenty minutes drive leads back to the lodge.
Other lodges in Central Highlands
Alternative places to stay in this same area.