Elephant safari: costs
|Departing on or after||Trip cost|
- Beho Beho closes during April and May.
- The prices shown are per person sharing; call us for single person supplements.
- The Tanzanian Government has recently passed a ‘Finance Act’ that adds a 18% VAT charge on all ‘tourism services,’ with immediate effect from July 1st 2016. Please be aware that the prices in these Trip ideas do not include these extra VAT costs. The additional fee typically equates to about $20USD per person per day.
- Like all our tailor-made safaris in Tanzania, this one is a sample itinerary and easy to adjust to your personal requirements. We will always organise a safari that matches what you want to do.
- Subject to availability at the camps, you can depart on your chosen itinerary on any day of the year.
- For a night or two of more intimate adventure, consider a night at Beho Beho's Treehouse.
This safari includes
- All domestic transfers in Africa.
- The current park fees for your time in the national parks - U$75 per person per night for Selous.
- All guided safari activities, including drives, boat trips and walking safaris.
- A laundry service and most drinks are included (including all soft drinks, house wines and local beers & spirits).
- A comprehensive pack of information for the trip, including a copy of the latest edition of the Bradt Travel Guide to Zanzibar, Pemba & Mafia, which includes a section on the Selous Game Reserve.
This safari excludes
- International flights to/from Dar es Salaam.
- Any park fee increases over and above the rates that have been included above.
- Champagne, vintage wine and certain imported spirits.
- Tips and gratuities (which are optional).