Jackal safari: costs
Cost of this trip
- These camps are closed during April and May.
- The prices shown are per person sharing; call us for single person supplements.
- For added adventure, consider a night or two of fly-camping in unique Beho Beho style.
Ideas for add-on trips:After this safari, it's easy to add time on the beach, and we have some suggestions. The obvious choice is probably a beach holiday on Zanzibar, although for more seclusion many would consider one of our trips to Mafia.
For something ever more remote, especially if your budget is very flexible, consider a beach break to Mozambique's Quirimbas Archipelago – where there are several stunning and very remote private islands.
At the other end of the scale, if you only have two or three days more to spend, then look at a beach holiday to Ras Kutani, which is only an hours' drive away from Dar.
This safari includes
- All transfers in Africa.
- The current park fees for the national parks – which are U$75 per person per night for Selous, and U$30pppn for Ruaha.
- Guided safari activities in both camps.
- Laundry at both camps
- At Mwagusi Camp filtered water/tea/coffee are included.
- At Beho Beho most drinks are included (including all soft drinks, house wines and local beers & spirits – but excluding champagne, vintage wine and certain imported spirits.)
- A comprehensive pack of information on the places that you'll be visiting, including a copy of the Bradt Travel Guide to Zanzibar, Pemba & Mafia which includes sections on the Selous and Ruaha.
This safari excludes
- At Mwagusi Camp drinks are not included (apart from filtered water/tea/coffee).
- At Beho Beho champagne, vintage wine and certain imported spirits are charged as extras.
- The cost of the armed game rangers used for walks in Ruaha. These are about US$25 per walk (per group, not per person) and an additional US$10 per person, and must be paid locally.
- Tips and gratuities, which are optional.