Jackal safari: costs
|Departing on or after||Trip cost|
- These camps are closed during April and May.
- The prices shown are per person sharing; call us for single person supplements.
- The Tanzanian Government has recently passed a ‘Finance Act’ that adds a 18% VAT charge on all ‘tourism services,’ with immediate effect from July 1st 2016. Please be aware that the prices in these Trip ideas do not include these extra VAT costs. The additional fee typically equates to about $20USD per person per day.
- Like all our tailor-made safaris in Tanzania, this one is a sample itinerary and easy to adjust to your personal requirements. We will always organise a safari that matches what you want to do.
- Subject to availability at the camps, you can depart on your chosen itinerary on any day of the year.
- For added adventure, consider a night in unique Beho Beho's Treehouse.
Ideas for add-on trips:After this safari, it's easy to add time on the beach, and we have some suggestions. The obvious choice is probably a beach holiday on Zanzibar, although for more seclusion many would consider one of our trips to Mafia.
For something ever more remote, especially if your budget is very flexible, consider a beach break to Mozambique's Quirimbas Archipelago – where there are several stunning and very remote private islands.
At the other end of the scale, if you only have two or three days more to spend, then look at a beach holiday to Ras Kutani, which is only an hours' drive away from Dar.
This safari includes
- All transfers in Africa.
- The current park fees for the national parks – which are U$75 per person per night for Selous, and U$30pppn for Ruaha.
- Guided safari activities in both camps.
- Laundry at both camps
- At Mwagusi Camp filtered water/tea/coffee are included.
- At Beho Beho most drinks are included (including all soft drinks, house wines and local beers & spirits – but excluding champagne, vintage wine and certain imported spirits.)
- A comprehensive pack of information on the places that you'll be visiting, including a copy of the Bradt Travel Guide to Zanzibar, Pemba & Mafia which includes sections on the Selous and Ruaha.
This safari excludes
- At Mwagusi Camp drinks are not included (apart from filtered water/tea/coffee).
- At Beho Beho champagne, vintage wine and certain imported spirits are charged as extras.
- The cost of the armed game rangers used for walks in Ruaha. These are about US$25 per walk (per group, not per person) and an additional US$10 per person, and must be paid locally.
- Tips and gratuities, which are optional.