Spotted hyena safari: costs
|Departing on or after||Trip cost|
- The prices shown are per person sharing; call us for single person supplements.
- The Tanzanian Government has recently passed a ‘Finance Act’ that adds a 18% VAT charge on all ‘tourism services,’ with immediate effect from July 1st 2016. Please be aware that the prices in these Trip ideas do not include these extra VAT costs. The additional fee typically equates to about $20USD per person per day.
- Like all our tailor-made safaris in Tanzania, this one is a sample itinerary and easy to adjust to your personal requirements. We will always organise a safari that matches what you want to do.
- Subject to availability at the camps, you can depart on your chosen itinerary on any day of the year.
- For a more elemental adventure, consider one or two nights of fly-camping from Sand Rivers.
This safari includes
- All transfers in Africa.
- Current park fees for the national parks: for Selous these are U$75 per person per night, and for Ruaha they are U$30 per person per night.
- Guided safari activities, including 4WD game drives and walks in both parks, plus boat trips and fishing in Selous Game Reserve.
- Most drinks and a full laundry service.
- A comprehensive pack of information for your trip including a copy of the Bradt Travel Guide to Zanzibar, Pemba & Mafia which includes a chapter on Selous and Ruaha.
This safari excludes
- International flights to/from Dar es Salaam.
- Any park fee increases over and above the rates that have been included above.
- Champagne and premium wines.
- Night drives in Ruaha.
- Tips and gratuities, which are optional.