Matemwe Lodge: Information from the owner
- No. of rooms
- Check-in time
- Check-out time
About this information
All the information on this page is supplied to us directly from the lodge owner and reflects their view, not ours.
For Expert Africa's view, see our own full report on Matemwe Lodge, which contains our own observations and views.
- Last updated by Owner
- 8 Nov 2021
Facilities at Matemwe Lodge
- Property facilities
- 24-hour Security, Activity Desk, Bar, Eco Friendly, Internet Access (Complimentary), Laundry Service (Available), Pool, Restaurant, Spa
- Room facilities
- Bath, Complimentary Wi-Fi, Dressing Gowns, Electrical Outlets, En-Suite, Fan, Hair Dryer, Laundry Service (Available), Lounge Area, Mosquito Nets, Safe, Shower, Tea / Coffee, Verandah
- Activities on site
- Boating, Cooking Courses, Kayaking, Massages, Sailing, Scuba Diving, Snorkeling
- Nearby activities
- Beach, Cultural Tours, Deep Sea Fishing, Fishing, Historical Tours, Kite Surfing, Marine Adventures, Sailing, Scuba Diving, Sea Kayaking, Snorkeling, Water Skiing, Windsurfing
- English, Swahili
Activities at Matemwe Lodge
- Escape to Infinity remote sandbank excursion
- Day trips to historic Stone Town
- Spice tours
- Jozani Forest tour
- Guided Matemwe Village walk
- Sundowner dhow trips
We offer a great range of treatments to spoil yourself.
Water Based Activities
- Snorkelling and diving at the famous reefs of Mnemba Atoll
- Full range of diving courses available through Scubafish, so please take a look at their website to find out more: scubafishzanzibar.com
- Scenic kayaking along the reef
- Guided reef walks to explore the tropical marine life
- Local/traditional sailing & fishing
- Deep sea fishing
As with many sea-based activities, the timing of some of these activities is governed by the tides and water levels.
Other lodges in East Coast Zanzibar
Alternative places to stay in this same area.
Pongwe Beach Hotel
Pongwe Beach Hotel is comfortable, good-value, family-friendly beach lodge, with a lovely pool, secluded beach and good food.
Shooting Star Lodge
Shooting Star Lodge has a friendly atmosphere and a beautiful infinity pool, sitting above a stunning stretch of beach on Zanzibar's east coast.
Mnemba Island Lodge
Mnemba is a private island resort with 11 chalets, fringed by some of the best coral reefs in the Zanzibar area.
Matemwe Retreat is one of the most exclusive lodges on Zanzibar, with four split-level villas each with their own veranda, sun terrace, plunge pool.
Sunshine Marine Lodge
Sunshine Marine (sister of Sunshine Hotel) is located in a secluded part of the east coast, with a first-rate, in-house dive centre.
Located right on the beach, with bright rooms and a colourful garden, the Sunshine has a lively, relaxed atmosphere.
Green & Blue
The pretty Green and Blue hotel has a picture-postcard setting on a sweep white sand in the Matemwe area of Zanzibar’s north-east coast.
Formally known as Matemwe Beach Village, Zanzibar Pearl Boutique Hotel is one of the newest properties on the island
Matemwe Beach House
Located on Zanzibar's stunning east coast, Matemwe Beach House offers private accommodation for friends or families travelling together.
Melia Zanzibar is a very large resort hotel on Zanzibar’s east coast and is well equipped for business and leisure trips.
Tulia Zanzibibar Beach Resort is a 16-room boutique beach hotel that opened in 2016 on Zanzibar's east coast.