Amanzi: Information from the owner
- No. of rooms
About this information
All the information on this page is supplied to us directly from the lodge owner and reflects their view, not ours.
For Expert Africa's view, see our own full report on Amanzi, which contains our own observations and views.
- Last updated by Owner
- 4 Aug 2022
Facilities at Amanzi
- Property facilities
- 24-hour Security, Bar, Battery Charging Facilities, Internet Access (Complimentary), Laundry Service (Complimentary), Meal on Request, Pool, Private Vehicle Available
- Room facilities
- Balcony / Deck, Dressing Gowns, Electrical Outlets, En-Suite, Fan, Hair Dryer, Laundry Service (Complimentary), Lounge Area, Mini Bar, Mosquito Nets, Pure Cotton Linen, Safe, Shower, Tea / Coffee, Verandah
- Activities on site
- Big 5, Bird Watching, Boating, Canoeing, Catch-and-release Fishing, Fishing, Game Drives, Game Viewing, Game Walks, High Tea, Night Drives, Safaris, Walks (Guided)
Room types at Amanzi
Accommodation consists of 4 traditional safari tents, approximately 500 sq ft in size, positioned on a raised wooden deck. The tents are generously spaced allowing the game to wander around the camp freely.
There is a family unit where two standard tents are connected, allowing for a two-bedroom, two-bathroom, family tent perfect for groups with young children.
Each of the luxury tents boasts:
• indoor bathroom;
• a spacious sitting area;
• two teak double beds or placed within one well-designed mosquito net;
• a private deck;
• a wood deck with a stunning view of the Ngwenya channel;
• 24 hour battery power.
Activities at Amanzi
With an almost unparalleled species diversity of birds in the Lower Zambezi, there is always something to excite both experienced birders and novices alike.
The wildlife on the river is everchanging, surprising and always exciting. Whether watching a pod of hippos jostle in the afternoon light, or a family of elephant bathing in the mud at the bank, the calm of the Zambezi will flood the soul with the magic of the bush.
With the gentle lap of water against the canoe, the measured peace of slowly drifting down the Zambezi in serene wonder, canoeing gives you the opportunity to see the wildlife along the riverbank at your own pace, guided by an experienced paddler.
Whether a keen angler or complete beginner, catching a Tiger Fish is one for the bucket list. With a selection of rods, reels, and all necessary tackle, our coxswains will guide you through the cast, play, landing, and of course the trophy shot before releasing back into the water.
Game drives with vehicles seating max 4 guests. Game drives can be taken in the morning and afternoon. Enjoy a private sundowner watching elephants crossing the mighty Zambezi, or your coffee in the morning in the absolute splendour of the Winterthorn forest after an exciting morning tracking lion.
Encounter the bush at it's best - on foot with our experienced guides. Watch as they explain the art of tracking animals from their spoor and listen as they unravel the symbiosis of species that make up the rich tapestry of life in the bush.
Other lodges in Lower Zambezi National Park
Alternative places to stay in this same area.