Lesser kudu safari: costs
|Departing on or after||Trip cost|
- Mwagusi closes during April and May.
- The prices shown are per person sharing; call us for single person supplements.
- Like all our tailor-made safaris in Tanzania, this one is a sample itinerary and easy to adjust to your personal requirements. We will always organise a safari that matches what you want to do.
- Subject to availability at the camps, you can depart on your chosen itinerary on any day of the year.
Ideas for add-on trips:Adding a few days of beach relaxation to this safari is easy; we have lots of ideas! An easy addition would be a beach on Zanzibar, although for a quieter island, with great diving and snorkelling, consider our ideas for beach holidays on Mafia. Alternatively, continue your trip at a stunning private islands in northern Mozambique. Our beach holidays to Quirimbas Archipelago include some wonderfully remote and very beautiful private islands.
At the other end of the scale, for a very short addition, consider two or three days by the coast. Our trips to Ras Kutani include minimal travel as it's only an hour's drive (or 10 minutes' flight) south of Dar!
This safari includes
- All domestic transfers in Africa.
- The current park fees for your time in the national park - U$35.4 per person per night for Ruaha.
- Guided safari drives in open-topped 4WD vehicles.
- At Mwagusi filtered water/tea/coffee drinks are included, all other drinks are extra.
- A laundry service are included
- A comprehensive pack of information for the trip, including a copy of the latest edition of the Bradt Travel Guide to Zanzibar, Pemba & Mafia, which includes Ruaha National Park.
This safari excludes
- International flights to/from Dar
- Any park fee increases over and above the rates that have been included above.
- If you opt to request a walking safari, then the cost of the armed game rangers used for walks in Ruaha is charged as an extra. These are about US$25 per walk (per group, not per person) plus an additional US$10 per person. This must be paid locally, at the camp.
- All beers, wines, soft drinks and spirits are charged for as 'extras' at Mwagusi.
- Tips and gratuities (which are optional).