Ryalls Hotel: Our full report
Ryalls Hotel (often now known as the Protea Ryalls Hotel, or even the Protea Hotel Ryalls) is located in ...... the central business district of Blantyre, the capital of Malawi's Southern Region. It is only 15 minutes from the airport, 77km from Zomba Plateau and approximately 220km from the southern shore of Lake Malawi.
Protea Hotel Ryalls offers 120 rooms, all of them en-suite with air conditioning, satellite TV, mini-bar fridge and wireless internet access. The lodge has two bars and two restaurants, where local cuisine is served – the '21' Grill and the Coffee Shop.
A swimming pool and a fitness centre are available at this Protea hotel. In addition, the nearby Blantyre Sports Club offers guests the use of various sporting facilities, including golf and tennis. Other nearby facilities include
squash, horseriding, bowls and opportunities for walking.
Ryalls Hotel also provides conference facilities for up to 200 delegates and business centre services, like faxing and emailing, as well as parking.
- Blantyre, Malawi
- Accessible by
- Attitude towards children
- The hotel welcomes children, but has no special facilities for them.
- There is Wi-Fi in the hotel, and the individual guest rooms all have telephones.
- TV & radio
- Each room has 5-channel radio, and M-Net satellite television.
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Fire safety
- Disabled access
- In Place
- Laundry facilities
- 24-hour laundry – extra charge