Molopo Kalahari Lodge: Our full report
Situated 60km from the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park (Twee Rivieren gate), Molopo Kalahari Lodge is proving ...... to be a very useful base for our travellers when the accommodation in the park is full.
The Molopo Kalahari Lodge has 36 rooms across a variety of room styles – chalets, rondavels and new tented chalets – which are sited between the red dunes typical of the Kalahari. All have air conditioning and en suite facilities.
There are also camping facilities available, with a separate ablution block.
In the evenings you can relax in the bar and lounge (which has a big screen TV). Later you can dine at the full a-la-carte restaurant which offers a good selection of dishes, which tend to lean fairly heavy towards game meats – so traditional South African fare.
Molopo Lodge also has a pool for any time not spent out in the park game viewing.
Activities on offer include sundowner game drives and late afternoon trips to nearby pans – although most of our travellers use this as a base from which to drive themselves around the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, South Africa
- Head north from Upington on the R360 following the signs from Upington to the Kalahari Gemsbok National Park. Molopo Lodge is about 800 meters down the park road after leaving the tarmac. Just follow the Molopo Kalahari Lodge road signs.
The trip is approximately 190 km. and should take around 90 minutes.
- Accessible by
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Food quality
- There is a full a-la-carte restaurant which is open for 15hours a day, 7 days a week.
They can offer starters, 'snack' baskets, a variety of salads, steaks, seafood, plenty of game meat, pasta and pizzas.
- Drinks included
- Drinks are not included.
- Wildlife safaris
- The Kgalagadi NP is inhabited by a large variety of antelope including hartebeest, gemsbok and eland. Wildebeest, lion and African wild cat can be found and if you are lucky leopard, brown and spotted hyena. This is also a good place to see the endearing meerkat.
- See ideas for Wildlife safaris
- Attitude towards children
- Very good
- Property’s age restrictions
- Molopo Lodge accepts children of all ages.
- Generally recommended for children
- TV & radio
- They have a large screen TV in the lounge.
Health & safety
- Dangerous animals
- Fire safety
- Disabled access
- Laundry facilities
Other lodges in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
Alternative places to stay in this same area.