Four Points by Sheraton Dar es Salaam: Our full report
The Four Points by Sheraton was previously the New Africa Hotel.It is located in Dar’s central business district (CBD) close to the Zanzibar ferry terminal, approximately 11km from Dar es Salaam Julius Nyerere International Airport (around 45-60 min depending on traffic). This is a very convenient and comfortable one night layover before heading out on safari or flying home.
A welcoming reception with a very attentive and efficient concierge allows for ease and convenience after a long-haul flight. Stepping out of the city humidity you enter the cool and welcoming general lounge area, with an array of snack bars.
A pleasant colour scheme of beige and greens runs throughout the variety of neat, modern rooms with each room offering either a city or harbour view. Rooms can also be booked on a day-room basis, which is useful for travellers who have additional hours between the end of their itinerary and their international flight home.
Rooms vary in size, but all are equipped with the standard international amenities, including Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, TVs, writing desk with stationery supplies, ironing boards and irons. The rooms also have tea and coffee making facilities, and pre-stocked mini bars.
The bathrooms are spacious, with polished white tiling and glass, walk-in showers. Toiletries are provided.
The hotel also has a small fitness center, fitted with treadmills, recumbent bikes and weights. This is located nearby to the courtyard swimming pool.
High international standards, stylish accommodation and a good choice of restaurants makes this centrally located hotel a top pick for a night in Dar es Salaam.
Country manager: Tanzania
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Ideal length of stay
- One night
- The Four Points is 11km northeast of Julius Nyerere International Airport, with a driving time of around 30-60 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Accessible by
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Food quality
- None of the Expert Africa team has had a chance to sample the Four Points’ food but feedback from our travellers suggests the meals are very good for a hotel of this standard. There are five restaurants and bars, serving mostly local produce, with locally caught seafood the highlight.
- Dining style
- Individual Tables
- Dining locations
- Indoor and Outdoor Dining
- Further dining info, including room service
- 24-hour room service and daylight hours pool-side service are available
- Drinks included
- Drinks are not included. Each room has a minibar stocked with soft drinks, beer and wine.
- Attitude towards children
- Children are welcome
- Property’s age restrictions
- There are no age restrictions
- Power supply notes
- Back up generator in case of power cuts
- Complimentary WiFi is available throughout the hotel.
- TV & radio
- Large TVs are installed in each room.
- Water supply notes
- Mains water supply
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Security measures
- Hotel security at entrance gates and around the hotel premises
- Fire safety
- There are fire extinguishers throughout the hotel.
- Disabled access
- In Place
- Laundry facilities
- Laundry is available at an additional cost.
- Foreign Exchange service is offered
- Accepted payment on location
- Most international currencies and credit cards are accepted.
Other lodges in Dar es Salaam
Alternative places to stay in this same area.