Overview: Cookery Course & Activity
Potjiekos, which roughly translates as “small pot food”, is a traditional Dutch meal brought to Southern Africa in the 17th century. Now a staple in southern African cuisine, the meal is cooked in a traditional 3-legged iron pot or potjie. Enjoy being guided through the preparation process by professional chefs in picturesque surroundings on the banks of the Zambezi River.
Once cooking is underway your Potjie will simmer away while you embark on an activity of your choice, the options include:
- A guided 4WD safari in the Zambezi National Park.
- A guided canoeing trip on the Zambezi River.
- Or drifting peacefully down the river on a raft with a guide to steer you along
Location: On the banks of the Zambezi River, Victoria Falls
Please note: Expert Africa only books excursions as a part of a full, Expert Africa itinerary.
- Start location
- Any of Expert Africa's hotels or lodges in the vicinity of Victoria Falls
- End location
- Back at your hotel
- Meals included
- Three-course dinner & drinks incl beer, wine & soft drinks
- Six hours - afternoon activity
- Maximum group size
- 24 people - minimum 4 people
What to look forward to.
Ideas for holidays which can include Cookery Course & Activity
Add this experience to these trip ideas or contact us to start planning your own tailor-made safari to Zimbabwe.
Other excursions in Zimbabwe
Inspiration and great ideas for other experiences in Zimbabwe to include in your safari.
Zimbabwe fact file
Useful information to help you prepare for your trip in Zimbabwe