Four Points by Sheraton: Our full report
The Four Points by Sheraton Nairobi Airport (part of the Marriott group) is a relatively new addition to ...... the airport hotels and one of the closest hotels to Nairobi International Airport. It is located within the airport perimeter - a short 5-minute drive to the terminal buildings and is convenient for any late arrival or early morning flight departures.
When you make your booking with Expert Africa for a stay at the Four Points by Sheraton, your flight details are passed on and a hotel driver will be there to meet you on arrival with your name on a board. It's a short drive through the airport area to the hotel.
The ground floor entrance lobby is modern, light and airy and consists of the reception, the Lobby Bar (which serves drinks and snacks during the day) and a comfortable seating area furnished with modern brightly coloured furniture in tones of beige, green and yellow.
The hotel has two restaurants. On the ground floor you have the Marketplace – a contemporary restaurant decorated in neutral shades of green and brown with indoor and outdoor dining on the terrace, offering international cuisine including pastas, pizzas and burgers. It is open 24 hours. There is also the Tazama Rooftop restaurant on the fifth floor, with views towards Nairobi National Park in one direction and the airport runway in the other. This is open for lunch and dinner and specializes in roasts and grills. Here you will also find a bar and casual seating area, as well as the open-air, unheated swimming pool with comfortable sun-loungers. When we stayed in October 2019 there was quite a buzz up here with visitors enjoying a meal and drink on a warm summer evening, with background music playing. It all created a relaxed, fun atmosphere.
Each of the hotel's 172 en-suite rooms are modern in design with themes of white, blue and grey. These are made up of a selection of standard rooms, deluxe rooms and suites. Each has large twin or double beds, air-conditioning, a 42-inch TV, a writing desk, internet access, tea and coffee making facilities and an electronic room safe. There is a minibar with a selection of soft drinks, beer and wine, as well as crisps, nuts and chocolate bars should you be feeling peckish.
The bathrooms are sleek and modern with a single wash basin, shower and toilet. Toiletries, bathrobes and slippers are provided.
The Four Points by Sheraton has a fitness room with a selection of cardio and weight machines as well as a spa and steam room should you wish to pamper yourself during your stay.
With international standards, stylish accommodation and a choice of restaurants, as well as the complimentary transfers from the airport, the Four Points by Sheraton is ideally located very close to the terminal buildings of JKI Airport Nairobi.
Country manager: Kenya
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Ideal length of stay
- One night
- The Four Points by Sheraton Nairobi Airport is within the security perimeter of Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and accessed by the hotel’s own vehicles which will pick you up and drop you off as required. This is a complimentary transfer service and there may be other people in the vehicle with you. It’s a journey of less than five minutes.
- Accessible by
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Food quality
- None of the team has had a chance to eat here but based on our visit in 2019 we would expect their food to be good for a hotel of this standard.
- Attitude towards children
- Children are welcome
- Property’s age restrictions
- There is no age restriction
- Special activities & services
- The rooftop pool is fun for older children supervised by their parents – there is no life guard on duty.
- Power supply notes
- There is a generator in case of any power cuts
- Complimentary WiFi is available throughout the hotel.
- TV & radio
- Large flat-screen TVs are available in each room
- Water supply
- Water supply notes
- The hotel has mains water supply.
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Security measures
- The hotel is within the airport security zone and the hotel has security gates on entry. Every vehicle is checked on arrival.
- Fire safety
- There are fire extinguishers throughout the hotel
- Disabled access
- In Place
- Laundry facilities
- Laundry is available at an additional cost.
- Most currencies can be exchanged for Kenya shillings at reception.
- Accepted payment on location
- Most international currencies and credit cards are accepted.
Other lodges in Nairobi
Alternative places to stay in this same area.