Rivendell Guesthouse: Our full report
Rivendell Guesthouse is situated in one of Windhoek's many suburbs.The guesthouse's charm is in its simplicity and homeliness with comfortable, rooms, a lovely garden area and a central cosy kitchen.
Rivendell Guesthouse offers a choice of accommodation options. The main house has twin and double rooms with shared bathroom facilities. In a separate building, overlooking the pool and garden area are en suite twin and double rooms with sliding patio doors. There is also a flat with a double room, en suite bathroom with a bath and shower, open-plan lounge and kitchen and a small terrace area.
There is a spacious lounge in the main house with comfortable sofas, a TV and a small book exchange library – it's a great place to relax and meet other travellers. Double doors open out from here onto a covered verandah with picnic tables where meals can be enjoyed. A kitchen complete with crockery, cutlery and appliances as well as a large farm house style table offers guests the option to self cater. The swimming pool at Rivendell Guesthouse is set in a paved patio set out with picnic tables, sun loungers and umbrellas. There is a secure parking area which only guests can access with a key.
Rivendell Guesthouse caters for independent travellers on a shoestring budget that are looking for the next step up from a backpacker's hostel. Expect a relaxed atmosphere with on-hands staff at great value for money.
Country manager: Namibia
- Windhoek, Namibia
- Ideal length of stay
- Rivendell Guesthouse is a great beginning or end to a self drive safari around Namibia.
- Leaving the airport, turn right and follow the Sam Nujoma Drive. Follow the road for 42 km into and through town. After you cross Hosea Kutako Drive you take the second turn right into Beethoven Street which you follow up the hill until you cross John Meinert Road. Then Rivendell Guesthouse is the second house on the right after the junction.
- Accessible by
- Self-drive or Fly-and-Transfer
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Food quality
- Breakfast is included and guest have a choice of a fully cooked English breakfast or a continental breakfast including fresh fruit, a selection of cereals, yoghurt, jams & marmalades, cheese, cold meats, bread and tea or coffee.
Breakfast packs can also be arranged.
- Attitude towards children
- Children are welcome.
- Property’s age restrictions
- There are no age restrictions at Rivendell Guesthouse.
- A cot with bedding can be provided on request.
- Guest phone and internet access is available in the reception office.
- TV & radio
- Satellite TV in the lounge
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Medical care
- Doctors and hospitals are available in Windhoek
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Security measures
- Rivendell Guesthouse has a secure parking area for guests. There is also a watchman stationed on the property each night.
- Fire safety
- Disabled access
- On Request
- Laundry facilities
- Laundry can be done at an extra charge.
- A safe deposit box is available at the reception.
- Accepted payment on location
- Visa and MasterCard are accepted forms of payment at Rivendell Guesthouse.
Other lodges in Windhoek
Alternative places to stay in this same area.