Taj Pamodzi Hotel: Our full report
The Taj Pamodzi Hotel, in the centre of Lusaka, and is most frequently used by our travellers as a stop-over ...... hotel for just one night.
It's a large, slightly impersonal hotel, with comfortable en-suite, air-conditioned rooms, and a selection of restaurants. As the Taj group of hotels originated in India, you'll always find a great curry option for your evening meal. There is a separate bar (often complete with a live pianist) and a large glossy atrium with sofas and easy chairs.
The Taj also has a good pool, large enough for swimming lengths, and a spa offering massages, pedicures, manicures and a selection of other treatments. There is a gym adjacent to the hotel which has a very good reputation as one of the city's better fitness centres; hotel guests get complimentary access. There is also a business centre and a hairdresser in the hotel.
We think that the Taj Pamodzi is a good option for those travellers who want the comfort and security of a large, relatively modern hotel at the end of their trip. Few of our travellers rave about it, but many opt to return as it's a fairly 'standard' offering which is convenient and fairly predictable.
The Taj has a shuttle bus to the airport – although to ensure a reliable service, we at Expert Africa usually organise our own transfers to and from the hotel with a separate transfer company.
- Lusaka area, Zambia
- Ideal length of stay
- Typically one night only - although occasionally business-people, and others, will stay for longer.
- The hotel is approximately 35 minutes' drive from Lusaka Airport.
- Accessible by
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Attitude towards children
- Children are welcome.
- Property’s age restrictions
- There are no age restrictions.
- Special activities & services
- Childminding can be organised on request - although this is probably by normal housekeeping staff, rather than by registered child-minders.
- Generally recommended for children
- There is WIFI access in the rooms and in the main areas, and each room has a telephone.
- TV & radio
- Each room has a satellite television.
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Medical care
- The nearest hospital will take 10 – 15 minutes to reach. A doctor is on call for the hotel for emergencies.
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Security measures
- There are security guards at night.
- Fire safety
- Fire extinguishers can be found in the rooms and the common areas.
- Disabled access
- Laundry facilities
- Full Laundry Service - Extra Charge
- Accepted payment on location
- Currencies accepted are Zambian Kwacha, American Dollars, Pounds, Euros. Credit cards are accepted.
Other lodges in Lusaka area
Alternative places to stay in this same area.