Cape Grace: Our full report
The Cape Grace is set right in the heart of Cape Town's Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, on its very own quay.It's an ideal location if you want to be very close to the shops, restaurants and nightlife to be found in this area.
The Cape Grace has 121 individually decorated guest rooms and suites, with great views of the harbour, the yacht marina or Table Mountain. All the rooms are spacious and have en-suite bathrooms with separated toilets, well-stocked mini-bars, tea and coffee making facilities, as well as satellite TV.
The guest rooms range from elegant Luxury and Superior rooms, Rooftop rooms, to vast one, two or three bedroom suites, perfect for families or small groups of friends travelling together. In addition, The Cape Grace has two Penthouse suites on the top floor, with large terraces, private jacuzzis, and spectacular views of the Waterfront.
The Cape Grace's central facilities include the Signal restaurant and the Bascule whisky, wine and cocktail bar. There's also a small boardroom accommodating up to 14 people, a communications centre with complimentary internet access, as well as a heated outdoor swimming pool with a terrace.
The spa at Cape Grace on the hotel's top floor offers a variety of African-influenced, pampering treatments, such as massage therapies, hand and feet care, facial therapies, body treatments, and hair care.
Of the many activities offered here, guests might enjoy cruises on 'The Spirit of the Cape', a 56ft Aicon fly-bridge luxury motor yacht which is privately owned by the Cape Grace and available only for the hotel's guests. You are free to select your own route, but the hotel recommends cruises to Robben Island, Hout Bay or Cape Point, as they are some of the Cape's most popular destinations.
Besides this, Cape Town itself has many attractions to offer. From events like the Kirstenbosch summer concerts (running every Sunday from November to April) held in the famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, to historic sites, local markets and beautiful landscapes – there's always something to do and see.
The Cape Grace is set in a fantastic location with a lot of local attractions nearby, and is a very pleasant place to stay whilst visiting Cape Town.
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Ideal length of stay
- 3 - 4 nights
- Accessible by
- Self-drive or Fly-and-Transfer
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Food quality
- The Signal restaurant serves a variety of fresh and innovative dishes. The restaurant's a la carte menu reflects cultures and nations, which influenced Cape Town during its history – like the French Huguenots, British settlers and Asian traders – and connects them with local farmer's dishes and the Cape's present tastes.
The Bascule whiskey, vine and cocktail bar offers breakfasts and light lunches. At night, it serves more than 400 whiskies from all over the world and a vast selection of local vines.
- Dining style
- Individual Tables
- Dining locations
- Indoor and Outdoor Dining
- Further dining info, including room service
- Drinks included
- In the heart of Cape Town’s V&A Waterfront, the Cape Grace is a traditional and romantic hotel for your honeymoon in South Africa. The staff will make a real effort to make your time special - expect little gifts and nice touches, and make time to visit the relaxing spa!
- See ideas for Honeymoons
- This luxury hotel combines modern comforts with traditional Cape culture in an exclusive waterfront setting. At Cape Grace you can expect individually-designed rooms with sumptuous beds and extravagant throws. Flamboyant décor and colonial artworks complete the luxurious feel.
- See ideas for Luxury
- Attitude towards children
- Children are welcome at The Cape Grace.
- Property’s age restrictions
- There are no age restrictions.
- Special activities & services
- The Cape Grace presents children with a welcome gift on arrival. Every evening, there are special activities taking place, like story time or ginger-bread man painting. Children's DVDs, book and board games are also available. The Signal restaurant offers a special menu for kids.
The hotel provides a range of emergency supplies (disposable nappies, pacifiers, thermometers, bibs, 24-hour doctor on call) and safety equipment (car seats, toilet steps and seats, swimming aids, baby monitors).
Baby sitting can be arranged upon request.
- Highchairs, cots, foldaway beds and pullout sofas are available on request.
- Generally recommended for children
- Children under the age of 12 sharing a Superior room with two adults are accommodated free of charge on a foldaway bed. There's only a breakfast charge for children older than three.
- Every room has a phone and fax/internet modem lines.
- TV & radio
- Each room has a flat-screen TV, satellite TV channels and a variety of radio channels.
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Medical care
- There's a 24-hour doctor on call.
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Security measures
- There's a safe for personal belongings in every room.
- Fire safety
Hot air ballooning
- Disabled access
- In Place
- Laundry facilities
- Full Laundry Service - Extra Charge
Other lodges in Cape Town
Alternative places to stay in this same area.
In the quiet, leafy suburb of Newlands, the sophisticated Vineyard Hotel has close access to smart shops, sports facilities and the main sights of Cape Town.
Against the awe-inspiring backdrop of Table Mountain, Acorn House offers a traditional guesthouse welcome in a historic setting.
Victoria & Alfred Hotel
The Victoria & Alfred Hotel is a pleasant place to stay whilst visiting Cape Town. It's located at one of the Cape's most visited destinations, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.
The five-star Constantia is an elegant, country-style boutique hotel with well-appointed rooms, situated close to Cape Town’s attractions, five world-class wine estates and many superb restaurants.
Camps Bay Retreat
Camps Bay Retreat is a peaceful sanctuary set in a lush green private reserve overlooking the sea, close to one of Cape Town's most desirable beachfront areas.
Four Rosmead is a comfortable, very friendly guest house located very close to the city centre and all its nearby attractions.
Located on one of Cape Town's best beaches, the Long Beach is a great place to relax and explore, although it is further from the city than many other hotels and guesthouses.
Radisson Blu Waterfront
The Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront is located beside the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and has great views of the Atlantic Ocean
Cellars Hohenort is a luxury hotel set in stunning gardens. Situated in the wine-growing Constantia Valley it is not far from many of Cape Town's attractions.
The contemporary and comfortable Hotel Verde, within a stone’s throw of Cape Town International Airport, has a strong focus on sustainability and the environment.
On the beachfront at Camps Bay, the Bay Hotel has luxury 5-star amenities, plus close access to one of Cape Towns best beaches as well as lots of restaurants, bars and nightlife.
Mount Nelson Hotel
Mount Nelson Hotel is Cape Town's oldest and most famous hotel. It's a place to be seen and the best address for a delicious afternoon tea.
The welcoming Twelve Apostles Hotel has a great location overlooking the ocean, just a short drive to the beach and restaurants of Camps Bay.