Haus Sandrose: Our full report
Haus Sandrose is a small owner-run guesthouse that offers comfortable and friendly self-catering accommodation ...... in the harbour town of Lüderitz. It is centrally located and within easy walking distance of the waterfront and the small selection of shops in town.
Haus Sandrose with it's bright yellow exterior is hard to miss on Luderitz's Bismark Street. The 4 units are all slightly different and they are arranged around a pleasant courtyard. The brightly coloured theme continue as the external walls of the rooms are painted in a pastel blue, complementing the town's coastal location.
The accommodation each offer something slightly different but they all have self-catering facilities. Halifax is a sunny en suite double room, decorated in blues and whites. It sleeps two people and is furnished with a TV, telephone and whicker couch. The small breakfast corner forms part of the room and is equipped with a small kitchenette, including a microwave, 2 plate stove, sink, toaster, crockery & cutlery, and a fridge. Tea and coffee is supplied and there is a kettle and a coffee plunger. There's also an en-suite bathroom with a shower and a toilet.
Bogenfels has an orange theme, it is a twin room with an open-plan kitchen and private bathroom with a shower and toilet. The room is furnished with a TV, telephone and two-seater bench. The kitchen has a fridge, table and chairs, fridge, two-plate stove with grill and a toaster, as well as a microwave and cutlery and crockery. There is also a kettle and a plunger with coffee, tea and sugar supplied.
Grosse Bucht and Klein Bucht are a much bigger unit suitable for families, but can also be booked separately. Grosse Brucht is also wheelchair friendly. Both of these rooms have their own kitchenette area, and are joined with an inter-leading door. Both are smartly decorated and have their own bathroom with a shower and toilet.
Each room has a small private courtyard and garden area where guests can sit and relax. Haus Sandrose has an outdoor barbeque, which is shared, amongst the rooms.
Vehicles can be parked in front of the guesthouse where there is a 24 hour guard on duty.
We thought Haus Sandrose was a charming and friendly alternative for those seeing something other than the large Nest Hotel. They only offer self-catering, but as there are well stocked supermarkets and a few nice restaurants in Lüderitz, this would work well.
Country manager: Namibia
- Luderitz, Namibia
- Ideal length of stay
- Haus Sandrose has a preference for guests who book for two or more nights.
- Haus Sandrose is situated on Bismarck Street in central Lüderitz.
- Accessible by
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Room Only
- Food quality
- Haus Sanrose is self-catering and so does not offer any food at all.
- Attitude towards children
- Haus Sandrose welcomes children of all ages.
- Property’s age restrictions
- No ages restriction
- Special activities & services
- Kleine Brucht and Grosse Brucht share an inter-leading door so that they can be used as a spacious family room.
- Generally recommended for children
- The property welcomes children of all ages however they do not have any equipment for very young children. It is also located on one of Lüderitz's busier roads so vigilance would be required for parents bring more mobile children here.
- There is good mobile phone signal in Lüderitz and the lodge has free WiFI.
- TV & radio
- Each unit at Haus Sandrose has a television.
- Water supply
- Water supply notes
- Each unit has flush toilets, hot and cold running water.
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Medical care
- Lüderitz has a hospital and a pharmacy.
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Security measures
- There is a 24 hour guard watching over the vehicles outside.
- Fire safety
- A fire extinguisher is located in every room.
- Disabled access
- On Request
- Laundry facilities
- Haus Sandrose can offer a laundry facility for an extra charge.
- No currency exchange facilities are available.
- Accepted payment on location
- Visa and Mastercard are accepted for card payments whilst South African rand and Namibian dollars are accepted currencies for cash payments.
Other lodges in Luderitz
Alternative places to stay in this same area.