Victoria & Alfred Hotel: Our full report
The Victoria & Alfred Hotel is set in the heart of Cape Town's Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.It's just minutes away from the bustling city centre with many shops and restaurants, and only a short drive from some of the country's most stunning beaches. It was built in 1904 as a warehouse, and converted into a luxury hotel – named after the former Queen of England and her son – in 1990.
The Victoria & Alfred Hotel boasts 68 spacious standard rooms on the first and second floor, as well as 26 vast and elegant superior luxury lofts on the third floor. All the rooms have air-conditioning, en-suite bathrooms (with separate bath, shower and toilet), comfortable king-size beds, tea / coffee making facilities, well-stocked mini-bars, private safes, pay-for-view television, and wireless internet access – as well as good views over the ever-busy Alfred Basin, the Piazza, or Table Mountain.
The main facilities at the Victoria & Alfred Hotel include the OYO Restaurant & Cocktail Bar, where guests can enjoy good meals, the Cape's award-winning wines, and cocktails – either inside, or outside on a quayside terrace. The ONEwellness spa offers a variety of relaxing treatments, such as massages, aroma therapies, and yoga. It also features a gym with state-of the-art facilities. Beside this, the hotel has an outdoor pool set in landscaped gardens, and an adjacent pool bar with an alfresco dining area.
Whilst staying at the Victoria & Alfred Hotel, activities range from playing tennis or golf at nearby locations, to taking all sorts of exciting trips around the Cape Peninsula. The hotel has its own travel desk, where qualified consultants will assist hotel guest with arranging shark adventures, safaris, helicopter flights, wine tours or adventure tours, such as abseiling or rafting. In addition, Cape Town's city centre has a lot in store: designer shops, theatres, historic sites, local markets and beautiful landscapes – you won't get bored!
The fully equipped Forum Conference & Banquet Centre can accommodate up to 180 people and is used for business conferences, as well as for dinner dances and special occasions, such as birthdays and weddings.
The Victoria & Alfred Hotel is set in a very central location with secure parking and close to many local attractions. It's an ideal base for a relaxing city break in Cape Town.
South Africa expert
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Drive on Dock Road to the V&A Waterfront and follow the signs to the Victoria & Alfred Hotel.
- Accessible by
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Food quality
- The OYO Restaurant & Cocktail Bar serves a variety of meals and award-winning South African wines. It hosts regular gourmet food and wine evenings with live music. You can either dine inside, or outside on the restaurant's quayside terrace. In the evening, sundowners are being served in the cocktail bar.
- Dining style
- Individual Tables
- Dining locations
- Indoor and Outdoor Dining
- Further dining info, including room service
- Family holidays
- The Victoria & Alfred Hotel accepts children of all ages and, with its location in the heart of the V&A Waterfront, there is no shortage of activities and local excursions to keep the family entertained.
- See ideas for Family holidays
- Attitude towards children
- Children are welcome at Victoria & Alfred Hotel.
- Property’s age restrictions
- There are no age restrictions.
- Special activities & services
- The hotel offers professional child minding services.
- Wireless high-speed internet access is available throughout the hotel.
- TV & radio
- Each room features a flat screen television and pay-for-view services.
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Security measures
- There's an electronic safe for personal belongings in every room.
- Fire safety
Hot air ballooning
- Disabled access
- In Place
- Laundry facilities
- Full Laundry Service - Extra Charge
- The hotel has foreign exchange facilities.
Other lodges in Cape Town
Alternative places to stay in this same area.