Bomani Tented Lodge: Information from the owner
- Luxury Tented Camp
- No. of rooms
About this information
All the information on this page is supplied to us directly from the lodge owner and reflects their view, not ours.
For Expert Africa's view, see our own full report on Bomani Tented Lodge, which contains our own observations and views.
- Last updated by Owner
- 1 Apr 2020
Facilities at Bomani Tented Lodge
- Property facilities
- Bar, Battery Charging Facilities, Communal Dining, Internet Access (Complimentary), Laundry Service (Complimentary), Malaria Free, Meal on Request, Mobile Connectivity, Pool, Private Vehicle Available
- Room facilities
- Balcony / Deck, Complimentary Wi-Fi, Electrical Outlets, En-Suite, Fan, Laundry Service (Complimentary), Lounge Area, Mosquito Nets, Plunge Pool, Safe, Shower, Tea / Coffee, Verandah
- Activities on site
- Bird Watching, Game Drives, Game Viewing, Game Viewing Hide, Game Walks, Horse Riding, Horse-back Safaris, Night Drives, Safaris, Walks (Guided)
- Nearby activities
- Bird Watching, Cultural Tours, Game Drives, Game Viewing, Game Walks, General Sightseeing, Massages, Safaris, Walks (Guided)
Room types at Bomani Tented Lodge
The Sable Suite is our family suite is built among a grove of Camelthorn trees and slightly away from the rest of the lodge to give it some privacy. The family suite has splendid views across the Ngamo Plains with regular wildlife sightings as animals move in to drink from the nearby Bomani Pan.
The suite comprises of 2 large bedrooms (one with a king size bed and one with 2 ¾ beds), both with ensuite bathrooms which have luxurious baths, and delightful outdoor showers. There is also a large open plan lounge and dining room together to allow families to enjoy optional private dining.
3 x Saddlebill Twin Tents: 50 sq m with views across the Ngamo Plain to Bomani Pan, raised teak deck, twin double beds, standing fan, en suite shower, toilet and basin.
2 x Saddlebill Double Tents: 48 sq m with views across the Ngamo Plain to Bomani Pan, raised teak deck, standing fan, en suite shower, toilet and basin. One of the rooms has a double bed, the other a kingsize bed.
2 x Spurwing Twin Suites: 62.5 sq m tent overlooking the lodge watering hole, twin double beds, overhead fans, en suite shower, toilet, basin, en suite lounge, veranda ideal for private dining, space for an extra bed for children.
1 x Spurwing Double Suite: 62.5 sq m overlooking the lodge watering hole, king-sized bed, overhead ceiling fan, en suite shower, toilet, basin, en suite lounge, veranda ideal for private dining.
This brick under thatch chalet is elegantly furnished and luxurious with a private en-suite bathroom, hot running water and electricity by generator. The private veranda provides an up close view of the water hole and this lodge is the closest of all the lodgings to the main lodge area.
Activities at Bomani Tented Lodge
Daily Horse Rides
The open grasslands and forest groves of the Ngamo Plains around Camelthorn and Bomani Lodges are among the most scenic areas of Hwange, as well as being home to a variety of wildlife, big and small. The landscape changes dramatically between the cooler dry winters and warm humid summers.
This special scenery is ideal for horse-riding and several activity options have been designed for riders of different experience levels. We have a weight restriction of 90kgs and do not allow children under 16 years of age (children 7 years and above are permitted on the Beginner Bush Experience).
All rides are led by our experienced, qualified guides and trackers. The pace is determined by safety and terrain and is mostly fast walking and trotting. Where possible in open areas we will canter and gallop. We look at our riders’ experience and tailor the pace accordingly.
Typically between 2 and 4 guests can join an activity; breaks with refreshments are carefully planned to rest both horse and rider. We offer 1 ride for beginners and 4 rides for intermediate to advanced riders:-
Beginner Bush experience: 1 hour excursion for beginners and novice riders (Children 7 years and above allowed) - RACK $70 per person
Hippo Sunrise: 3 hour excursion for experienced riders - RACK $105 per person
Cultural immersion ride: 5 ½ hour excursion for intermediate riders to a local village to meet the people and experience their daily life - RACK $135 per person
Sundowner ride: 2 hour excursion for intermediate riders - RACK $95 per person
Full day safari ride: 8 hour excursion for experienced riders - RACK $160 per person.
• Traditional open safari vehicles driven by licensed experienced guides
• Morning drives with tea, coffee and biscuits and afternoon drives with drinks and cooked snacks
• Land Cruisers seat up to 9 guests and Land Rovers seat up to 7 guests
Game viewing blinds
• For the hard core photographers we have game viewing blinds at some of our waterholes ideal for
• Conducted by a fully licensed and highly experienced professional guide
• Usually undertaken in the mornings
• Ideal for photography of big game on foot
• Night drives within the lodge’s private concession to view the array of wildlife, particularly nocturnal
• Usually undertaken upon return from the afternoon activity or alternatively after supper, particularly
when lion are heard calling nearby.
• Imvelo Safari Lodges operate 8 waterholes for the wildlife in this region of the National Park, the
furthest of which is 55 km away. A popular activity is to take an all day trip into the Park to visit the
waterholes to drop off fuel and oil for the motors as well as rations
and supplies for the pump attendants
• A picnic lunch is then enjoyed near one of the waterholes followed by a leisurely game drive back
to lodge in the afternoon.
School tours and village visits
• Fifteen minutes drive from the lodge our guests have the opportunity to enjoy a real life look at
village life in rural Matabeleland. A fascinating experience of a variety of typical daily village
activities is followed by a tour of one of the nearby schools conducted by the Headmaster where
guests are given the opportunity to hear traditional songs sung by the children and enjoy a ‘class
Other lodges in Hwange National Park
Alternative places to stay in this same area.