Onguma Tented Camp: Information from the owner
- Safari Lodge
- No. of rooms
About this information
All the information on this page is supplied to us directly from the lodge owner and reflects their view, not ours.
For Expert Africa's view, see our own full report on Onguma Tented Camp, which contains our own observations and views.
- Last updated by Owner
- 23 Dec 2019
Facilities at Onguma Tented Camp
- Property facilities
- Bar, Internet Access, Meal on Request, Mobile Connectivity, Pool, Secure Parking
- Room facilities
- Air Conditioning, Balcony / Deck, Dressing Gowns, En-Suite, Fridge, Mini Bar, Pure Cotton Linen, Safe, Shower, Tea / Coffee
- Activities on site
- Bird Watching, Game Drives, Game Viewing, Game Walks, Walks
- Nearby activities
- Bird Watching, Cultural Tours, Game Drives, Game Viewing, Game Walks, General Sightseeing
Room types at Onguma Tented Camp
Luxury Tent with indoor and outdoor shower, bath, seperate toilet and desk. Views look over the waterhole.
Activities at Onguma Tented Camp
Etosha Game Drives
Etosha is a 22 750km² wildlife sanctuary in Namibia – one of Africa’s most stable and accessible countries. Etosha, meaning ‘place of dry water’, and refers to a flat calcrete depression (or pan) of about 5 000km². The ‘Pan’ (overlooked by the Onguma Reserve) provides a great, parched, silver-white backdrop of shimmering mirages to an area of semi-arid savannah grassland and thorn scrub. The pan itself contains water only after very good rains and sometimes for only a few days each year, but is enough to stimulate the growth of a blue-green algae which lures thousands of flamingos.
Onguma Sundowner Drive
Onguma Nature Reserve consists of 34 000 hectares of Namibian wilderness & is home to numerous plains game, more than 300 bird species and even 4 of the Big 5. The Reserve boasts over thirty different animal species. Plains game roam freely on the Reserve and predators although not always easy to spot, are nevertheless common residents of the area. Lions and Cheetahs are frequently seen and often heard. There is a healthy black rhino and leopard population and hyenas are also often seen and heard.
Onguma's fabulous new water-level hide affords guests a great opportunity to calmly sit and enjoy nature unobserved. Amateur and professional photographers alike love the angles and light from this equipped hide.
There is a small ablution facility nearby, benches from which to view the surroundings and lots of windows and vantage points for creative camera angles.
Johan, our resident therapist, is a professional massage therapist with over 15 years experience, having lived and worked at renowned Wellness Centres in Asia and Africa. His passion for and dedication to massage therapy originated in the East, where he was trained and educated from the best teachers in their respective fields. Having the opportunity to spend considerable time with monks in Thailand, has also led him to incorporate focused awareness into his massage therapies.
- Therapeutic Full Body Massage - 60 min – N$ 850 / 90 min – NS 1000
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage - 60 min – N$ 850
- Back Neck & Shoulder Massage - 45 min – N$ 600 / 60 min – N$ 850
- Head & Face Massage - 45 min – N$ 550
- Thai Foot Massage - 45 min – N$ 550
- Unique Combination of Therapeutic Massage & Thai Yoga Massage - 90 min – N$ 1150
Other lodges in Etosha National Park
Alternative places to stay in this same area.