Harbour House Hotel: Our full report
Located in the popular holiday town of Hermanus, the Harbour House Hotel offers luxury accommodation only ...... a few feet away from the busy Old Harbour town. Hermanus lies between a rocky coastline and green mountains and therefore a lovely scenic spot to spend a few days.
Consisting of the Manor House and the New Wing, the Harbour House Hotel offers eighteen stylish rooms in different categories. The rooms in the Manor House all have views over the garden and the pool, whereas the rooms in the New Wing all have private balconies with views towards the ocean.
The classic rooms are all located on the lower level at the back of the hotel in the New Wing and have now views to speak off.
The premier rooms are also located on the lower level of the hotel in the New Wing but offers partial sea views.
The luxury rooms occupies two floors at the front of the hotel in the New Wing and have balconies with sea views.
These rooms are all spacious with a lounge, fully equipped kitchenette, enclosed en-suite bathroom with separate bath and shower and private balconies.
All of the rooms at Harbour House are stylish and modern with soft colours, underfloor heating, flat screen TV's with built-in DVD players, wireless internet access, and mini bars.
There is no central lounge at the Harbour House Hotel but other communal facilities include an infinity pool positioned at the front of the hotel, a wine bar and restaurant and small wellness salon. For the energetic bicycles are available for rent from reception.
- Hermanus, South Africa
- Ideal length of stay
- 2 – 3 nights
- From Cape Town follow the N2 towards the airport and Somerset West and travel over Sir Lowry's Pass. Continue on the N2 towards Botrivier. At Botrivier take the R44/R43 to Kleinmond and Hermanus. The R43 becomes the main road through Hermanus. At the circle take the second exit and turn right by the Shell garage. At the stop turn left into Marine Drive and keeping left, turn into Harbour Road. The Hotel is the second building on the left.
- Accessible by
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Dining style
- Individual Tables
- Dining locations
- Indoor and Outdoor Dining
- Further dining info, including room service
- Drinks included
- No drinks are included
- Attitude towards children
- No children under the age of 12 years are accepted however the hotel has two self catering units that are suitable for families with younger children.
- Cots can be provided.
- Generally recommended for children
- No – although a camper bed for one child only can be placed in the rooms, it will limit the space in the room.
- The hotel has a computer at reception where guest can make use of internet facilities.
Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel at a charge.
The area has cell phone reception.
- TV & radio
- There are TV's with selected satellite channels in all of the rooms.
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Medical care
- There is a hospital in Hermanus.
- Dangerous animals
- Security measures
- Harbour House Hotel is manned 24/7.
- Fire safety
- Each of the rooms is fitted with a smoke alarm.
- Disabled access
- Not Possible
- Laundry facilities
- Full Laundry Service - Extra Charge
- Each room is fitted with an electronic safe.
The hotel does not offer any currency exchange.
- Accepted payment on location
- All major credit cards are accepted at Harbour House Hotel.
Other lodges in Hermanus
Alternative places to stay in this same area.