Epupa Camp: Our full report
Epupa Camp is one of the few lodges situated in the far north west of Namibia.The lodge is built overlooking the Kunene River about 700 metres upstream for Epupa Falls.
None of the Expert Africa team have visited Epupa Camp yet, but here is what we know about it.
Epupa Camp has nine en-suite tents erected on stone platforms and with private patios. Seven of the tents are river facing whilst two are erected underneath large trees providing lots of shade. Each tent has twin beds, electrical lights and mosquito netting sewn in to the tent door and windows. All of the tents are covered under shade netting and are set up under tall makalani palms or shady trees to help keep the interior cool. The compact en-suite bathrooms are fitted with a shower, toilet and hand-basin.
The lounge and dining area at Epupa Camp overlooks the Kunene River. A nearby swimming pool can offer a refreshing dip in the summer months. There is now free wireless accessible in the dining room and lounge.
Newly built are five exclusive campsites, each with private ablution facilities and a river view. They are secluded, spacious and shady.
There is a wide choice of activities from Epupa Camp. Choose between guided and self guided walking trails along the river or to a rock engravings site, bird watching excursions, a visit to a nearby Himba village, half- and full-day Grade 2 rafting excursions or a visit to the Epupa Falls.
Epupa Camp is probably the top lodge reachable by self drive in Namibia's remote northwest, along the Kunene River. It's well situated near the Epupa Falls and overlooks a pretty section of the Kunene River so we expect it would make a comfortable base for visitors exploring this area.
Country manager: Namibia
- Skeleton Coast & Kaokoland, Namibia
- Ideal length of stay
- Expert Africa would recommend a minimum stay of two nights here to benefit from everything the area has to offer.
- Epupa Camp is located on the banks of the Kunene River in Kaokoland, north-western Namibia.
- Accessible by
- Self-drive or Fly-and-Transfer
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Half Board
- Dining style
- Group Meals
- Dining locations
- Indoor and Outdoor Dining
- Further dining info, including room service
- There is no room service at Epupa Camp.
- Drinks included
- Drinks are not included.
- Attitude towards children
- Children are welcome at Epupa Camp.
- The Kunene River is home to crocodiles so children should remain under their parent's constant supervision.
- Telephone and fax facilities are available at the reception. The camp has internet facilities but visitors should note that it can be slow.
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Dangerous animals
- Moderate Risk
- Fire safety
Guided walking safari
- Disabled access
Other lodges in Skeleton Coast & Kaokoland
Alternative places to stay in this same area.