Opuwo Country Lodge: Our full report
Opuwo Country Hotel is situated on the outskirts of Opuwo, the administrative centre to Kaokoland, also known ...... as the Kunene region. The hotel was opened by President Hifikepunye Pohamba in August 2005.
None of the Expert Africa team have visited Opuwo Country Hotel yet, but here is what we know about it:
Opuwo Country Hotel is quite substantial with 40 rooms. These are split into 28 'luxury' rooms and 12 'standard' rooms. The terms are relative and visitors shouldn't expect any more than about a 3* standard throughout. All rooms have en-suite facilities and are air-conditioned.
The Opuwo Country Hotel also has an impressive thatched main building that comprises of a dining room, bar, lounge, wine cellar and curio shop. There is also a swimming pool and an outdoor deck with views over the surrounding hills and valleys.
Opuwo Country Hotel offers guided activities to a Himba village where visitors would have the chance to learn about the fascinating culture of these nomadic pastoralists. If you would like to visit a Himba village please speak to us at Expert Africa for advice on the most responsible way to do this so that your visit benefits the villagers directly. Trips to Epupa Falls and excursions deep into Kaokoland can also be arranged.
We expect that Opuwo Country Hotel is a large comfortable, but somewhat impersonal hotel. It is well situated as a base for travellers en route to Epupa Falls or other remote areas of Kaokoland.
Country manager: Namibia
- Skeleton Coast & Kaokoland, Namibia
- Ideal length of stay
- 2-3 nights
- Opuwo Country Hotel is on the outskirts of Opuwo and is well sign posted from the town.
- Accessible by
- Self-drive or Fly-and-Transfer
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Dining style
- Individual Tables
- Dining locations
- Indoor Dining
- Attitude towards children
- Children of all ages welcome at Opuwo Country Hotel.
- Children are allowed to go on activities provided they are accompanied by their parents.
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Fire safety
- Disabled access
- Not Possible
- Accepted payment on location
- Credit card facilities are available at the hotel with MasterCard and Visa accepted.
Other lodges in Skeleton Coast & Kaokoland
Alternative places to stay in this same area.