Elegant Guesthouse: Our full report
The Elegant Guesthouse is a relatively simple but stylish owner-run guesthouse situated in the residential ...... area of Klein Windhoek. It's just a few minutes' drive from the shops, restaurants and other attractions of central Windhoek.
The Elegant Guest House has six bedrooms leading off a peaceful central courtyard. Rooms 1 and 2 have only a front entrance, whereas each of the others has two entrances, with the second door leading to a private outside area. All are broadly similar in terms of amenities, although room 3 is popular with honeymooners because it has a small, private patio and is closest to the swimming pool.
Decorated with neutral colours and fabrics, each room has twin beds, an en-suite bathroom with shower and toilet, air conditioning and a satellite television. Extra towels and fluffy bathrobes are a lovely extra touch. On our last visit in September 2018 we were particularly glad of the additional blankets on a chilly Windhoek night.
Elegant's main facilities include a lounge with large sofas, a small library and a big breakfast room, where tea and coffee are available throughout the day. There’s also an honesty bar in the kitchen. The guesthouse doesn't serve lunch or dinner, but guests are welcome to use the dining room if ordering in, and the friendly staff are always happy to help guests with recommending and booking restaurants in Windhoek.
The lounge and dining room open up onto a tranquil and manicured garden with a small carp pond complete with water feature. The garden makes a nice place to sit with breakfast or a beer in the evening. It is a great spot to go over the plan for the trip ahead or reminisce about you safari. A secluded swimming pool with sunloungers is situated around the side of the guesthouse, and there's a secure parking area for self-drivers.
The Elegant Guesthouse is a friendly, comfortable place to stay while in Windhoek. We particularly like the tranquil garden and would be quite happy to relax here for a night at the start or end of a holiday in Namibia.
Country manager: Namibia
- Windhoek, Namibia
- Ideal length of stay
- One or two nights, usually at the start or end of a Namibia holiday.
- At the corner of Ecke Von Eckenbrecher and 56 Ziegler Street, in the suburb of Klein Windhoek.
- Accessible by
- Self-drive or Fly-and-Transfer
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Food quality
- The Elegant Guesthouse serves a breakfast buffet including a selection of cereals, cold meats, cheeses, yoghurts, fruit and bread.
Lunch and dinner are not available at the guesthouse, but the team will happily help with recommending restaurants, making reservations and even organising a taxi if you don’t wish to drive.
- Attitude towards children
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Property’s age restrictions
- There are no age restrictions here.
- Special activities & services
- Cots can be provided on request.
- Generally recommended for children
- The pool is not fenced. Children must be supervised at all times.
- Power supply notes
- There are plug points in each room for charging batteries and electrical equipment. Travellers should bring their own adaptors.
- Every guest room has a telephone. Complimentary WiFi is available. There is cellphone reception.
- TV & radio
- There is a television with a bouquet of satellite channels in every room, and a further television in the lounge.
- Water supply
- Water supply notes
- All the rooms have a plumbed-in shower and flushing toilet.
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Medical care
- There are doctors and hospitals in Windhoek.
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Security measures
- The property is fenced and there is an electric gate. Secure parking is available on site.
- Fire safety
- There are fire extinguishers throughout the guesthouse.
- Disabled access
- Not Possible
- Laundry facilities
- A laundry service is available at an extra charge. Note that this is not done in-house, so allow plenty of time should you need any washing done.
- There is a safe in each room.
- Accepted payment on location
- The Elegant Guesthouse accepts Visa and MasterCard, as well as cash payments in Namibian dollars and South African rand.
Other lodges in Windhoek
Alternative places to stay in this same area.