Rosenhof Country House: Our full report
The elegant Rosenhof Country House occupies a mid-19th-century single-storey homestead on the outskirts of ...... Oudtshoorn, in South Africa’s Little Karoo. It is well placed for visits to the Cango Caves and several ostrich farms in the region. During our last visit, the rooms were being renovated and refurbished.
Although the entrance to Rosenhof is off a fairly busy main road, the house is surprisingly tranquil. There are 14 beautiful en-suite rooms, all surrounded by a neat rose garden, and some of the completed rooms are furnished in an understated style.
- There are 12 ‘luxury’ rooms. They are all spacious, individually decorated and are equipped with air conditioning, telephones, hairdryers, satellite TVs as well as tea/coffee facilities. Each has a small terrace overlooking the garden. The bathrooms all come with separate baths and showers, heated towel rails and complimentary toiletries.
- Set further away from the rest of the rooms the two suites have the same amenities but each come with its own private plunge pool, a separate cosy lounge and a patio with views towards the Swartberg Mountains.
Outside in the lovely garden are a swimming pool and a wellness centre with a gym, sauna and Jacuzzi.
Rosenhof Country House offers high-quality accommodation in peaceful surroundings.
Country manager: South Africa
- Little Karoo, South Africa
- Ideal length of stay
- 2 - 3 nights
- Rosenhof is located on the corner of Baron Van Reede and North streets in the town of Oudtshoorn.
- Accessible by
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Food quality
- We haven’t stayed at Rosenhof Country House, but we understand that a ‘scrumptious’ breakfast is served in the breakfast room overlooking the beautiful garden.
- Dining style
- Individual Tables
- Dining locations
- Indoor and Outdoor Dining
- Further dining info, including room service
- Drinks included
- No drinks are included.
- Attitude towards children
- children are welcomed at Rosenhof
- Special activities & services
- Cots and highchairs are available on request.
- The smokers’ lounge offers free WiFi throughout the property, and there are phones in all of the rooms. The town of Outdshoorn has full cellphone reception.
- TV & radio
- There are satellite TV's in all of the rooms.
- Water supply
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Medical care
- There is a hospital in the town of Oudtshoorn.
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Security measures
- The property is fenced and gated
- Fire safety
- Disabled access
- In Place
- Laundry facilities
- A full laundry service is available at an extra charge.
- No currency exchange is provided at Rosenhof, but there are banks in town and each room is fitted with an electronic safe.
- Accepted payment on location
- Visa, Amex and Mastercard are accepted.
Other lodges in Little Karoo
Alternative places to stay in this same area.