Villa Mushara: Our full report
Situated on the Mushara Reserve, just 8km east of Etosha National Park, the exclusive Villa Mushara is accessed ...... down a small path to one side of its sister property, Mushara Lodge. The villa offers even more luxury than the lodge, and greater privacy. Guided game drives are available at an extra cost, although most visitors to the Mushara properties will stay here with their own car, and use this as a base for self-drive forays into Etosha.
Each of the two luxury villas at Villa Mushara is air conditioned and has its own private terrace, plunge pool and an outside shower. Inside the villas are incredibly spacious with 140m 2 of living space. A large lounge area features comfy sofas, a fireplace, a writing desk, a CD player (with CDs provided) and a drinks station incorporating both tea and coffee and sherry and port. Between the lounge and the bathroom is a bedroom, with a huge four-poster king-sized bed draped in a mosquito net. The bathroom is also very large and has an interestingly designed zebra-print stand-alone bath. The style is one of luxury and opulence, with candelabras and chandeliers, and the staff will make special preparations for honeymooners such as flowers and champagne.
Outside, an open-air daybed is accessed down a short pathway, and over looks a small waterhole where several antelope species come to drink.
The main area is shared with Mushara Lodge, and is just a few metres away, although guests do not need to leave the comfort of their villa if they don't wish to. If preferred, meals can be served in the villa.
As at the other Mushara properties, morning and afternoon guided game drives in Etosha National Park are offered at Mushara Villa, or those with their own car can drive themselves.
Villa Mushara is very smart, stand-alone villa very close to Etosha. It's a great choice for those looking for luxury, indulgence and lots of their own space. It's obviously a very convenient base for game drives into Etosha National Park – although visitors may well be distracted from long game drives by the idea of time spent relaxing at the villa. Keen safari enthusiasts may feel that they just don't need this level of space when they're going to spend much of the day in the park!
Country manager: Namibia
- Etosha National Park, Namibia
- Ideal length of stay
- 2 nights
- Villa Mushara is located adjacent to Mushara Lodge on the Mushara Reserve, just a few kilometres from the eastern gate of Etosha. It is well signposted from the gate.
- Accessible by
- Self-drive or Fly-and-Transfer
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Full Board & Activities
- Food quality
- Snacks such as crisps and nuts are available from the minibar.
- The peace, quiet and isolation of the two villas at Villa Mushara allow honeymooners to take some time to themselves. Tailored touches, such as flowers, champagne or private candlelit dinners will make for a special stay on your Namibian honeymoon.
- See ideas for Honeymoons
- Private villas & houses
- The private villas at Villa Mushara promise luxury and opulence very close to Etosha. The lounge, bathroom and your private terrace are all spacious and stylish. Enjoy your own pool and private meals on request.
- See ideas for Private villas & houses
- Villa Mushara consists of two large villas whose opulent rooms are decorated with candelabras and chandeliers. Each villa has an open-air daybed/sala with views of a private waterhole is a great place to relax during your luxurious safari holiday.
- See ideas for Luxury
- Attitude towards children
- Children are welcome at Mushara Villa.
- Property’s age restrictions
- There are no age restrictions.
- Special activities & services
- Cots can be provided
- Generally recommended for children
- We would not recommend Villa Mushara for children as there is little to keep them amused when they are not on a game drive.
- Children should be under parental supervision at all times.
Our travellers’ wildlife sightings from Villa Mushara
Since mid-2018, many of our travellers who stayed at Villa Mushara have kindly recorded their wildlife sightings and shared them with us. The results are below. Click an animal to see more, and here to see more on our methodology.
- There is good cellphone reception in the rooms, as well as a telephone.
There is internet access and a central phone and fax at the neighbouring Mushara Lodge.
- TV & radio
- None, but there is a DVD player with DVDs provided.
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Medical care
- The nearest doctor is in Tsumeb, about an hour's drive away.
- Dangerous animals
- High Risk
- Security measures
- The gate is locked from 8.00pm.
- Fire safety
- There is a fire extinguisher in all rooms.
- Disabled access
- On Request
- Laundry facilities
- Full Laundry Service - Extra Charge
- Currency exchange is possible.
- Accepted payment on location
- Cash payments may be made in US dollars, euros, South African rand or Namibian dollars, and credit cards (except Amex) are also accepted.
Other lodges in Etosha National Park
Alternative places to stay in this same area.