Namiri Plains Camp: Information from the owner
- Tented Camp
- No. of rooms
- Check-in time
- Check-out time
About this information
All the information on this page is supplied to us directly from the lodge owner and reflects their view, not ours.
For Expert Africa's view, see our own full report on Namiri Plains Camp, which contains our own observations and views.
- Last updated by Owner
- 8 Nov 2021
Facilities at Namiri Plains Camp
- Property facilities
- 24-hour Security, Bar, Eco Friendly
- Room facilities
- Balcony / Deck, Bath, Dressing Gowns, En-Suite, Laundry Service (Complimentary), Pure Cotton Linen, Safe, Shower, Verandah
- Activities on site
- Big 5, Bird Watching, Game Drives, Game Viewing, Game Walks, Safaris
- Nearby activities
- Big 5, Bird Watching, Game Drives, Game Viewing, Game Walks, General Sightseeing, Safaris, Walks (Guided)
- English, Swahili
Room types at Namiri Plains Camp
Family Tent - 4 pax
The guest rooms at Namiri Plains have undergone a significant upgrade. Boasting a substantial increase in size, the newly built suites offer sliding doors which run the full length of the room and open out on a full-length viewing deck. The bathroom offers full views of the seasonal riverbed from your shower. Large, glass sliding doors give you access to the deck right from the shower. A private bathtub made entirely of resin is located on the deck, offering exceptional views from the tub as you relax. Similar to the double tents but slightly larger the family tent comes with an additional room with 2 single beds in it, which can be made into a double.
Guest Tent - 2 pax
This small and exclusive haven comprises ten elegant tented suites with sweeping 360-degree views of the plains. The guest rooms at Namiri Plains have undergone a significant upgrade. Boasting a substantial increase in size, the newly built suites offer sliding doors which run the full length of the room and open out on a full-length viewing deck. The rooms are constructed from the natural calcrete from the area, they are strikingly beautiful but also plays an important role in regulating the temperature in the suites. The bathroom offers full views of the seasonal riverbed from your shower. Large, glass sliding doors give you access to the deck right from the shower. A private bathtub made entirely of resin is located on the deck, offering exceptional views from the tub as you relax.
Activities at Namiri Plains Camp
Cheetah Research Project
The Serengeti Cheetah Project has been based here since the 1970s. Meet one of the researchers often near or at Namiri Plains and learn more about the local cheetah population. Take note of any cheetahs you spot on safari so you can share the info with the team. Bookings essential. (At an additional cost)
Enjoy twice daily game drives from Namiri Plains with the knowledgeable guides. Study and photograph the big cats of the area at your leisure, and absorb the extraordinary sight of massive herds of wildebeest appearing to take over the plains. All vehicles are open-sided and have power points where you can charge your devices, and are fitted with fridges to keep your drinks perfectly chilled.
Hot air ballooning
Balloon safaris are a romantic and iconic way to experience the wilderness of East Africa, as you fly silently over the plains teeming with herds of wildlife in the early morning. Typically, a balloon safari begins around 6am and lasts for around 1-2 hours. Balloon safaris (additional cost) in the Serengeti take off from designated sites in the nearby Seronera area. The safari is followed by a champagne breakfast in the bush, a fitting end to a memorable flight over the wild.
Photographic Vehicle (at additional cost if booked on Full Board basis)
Photography enthusiasts benefit from a specialised photographic safari vehicle.
• Drop-down sides for photographers to lie down and get low angle photographs.
• Three 360º swivel seats, one per “row” – seats also lean right back if required.
• Only front and back bars to hold up the roof – less obstruction of view for photography.
• Beanbags and foam camera rest (photographers advised to bring their own tripods).
• All the usual Asilia vehicle kit – fridge, charging points (UK 3-pin plugs), roll down sides for bad weather etc.
NEED TO KNOW:
• Accommodates 3 photographers + 1 additional guest in front seat next to driver. Seat next to driver is not specialised/no additional functionality so if there are 4 photographers we ask our agent partners to manage their
expectations at booking stage that they must take turns.
• Not possible to use from a 3rd party property – must be an Asilia camp
Walking is the most intimate way to experience the bush; the pace is comfortable, your eye-level is that of the wildlife, and your senses are more acutely aware of the sights, smells and sounds. Walking safaris must be booked in advance.
Other lodges in Serengeti Migration Area
Alternative places to stay in this same area.