Olduvai Camp: Information from the owner
- No. of rooms
- Check-in time
- Check-out time
About this information
All the information on this page is supplied to us directly from the lodge owner and reflects their view, not ours.
For Expert Africa's view, see our own full report on Olduvai Camp, which contains our own observations and views.
- Last updated by Owner
- 9 Nov 2023
Facilities at Olduvai Camp
- Property facilities
- 24-hour Security, Bar, Battery Charging Facilities, Communal Dining, Disability Services, Eco Friendly, Internet Access (Complimentary), Restaurant
- Room facilities
- Balcony / Deck, Detached Private Bathroom, En-Suite, Shower, Tea / Coffee, Wheelchair Friendly
- Activities on site
- Bird Watching, Game Drives, Game Viewing, Game Walks, Safaris, Walks (Guided)
- Nearby activities
- Big 5, Game Viewing, Hiking, Hot-air Ballooning, Safaris, Scenic Flights, Walks (Guided), Wildlife Tours
- English, French, Spanish, Swahili
Room types at Olduvai Camp
Olduvai's 17 accomodations are centered around the beautiful kopje. The thatched tents sit high on stone terraces peering out across the plains.
All large safari canvas tents are quite similar in terms of lay-out and decoration, but each with its own special bush feeling.
Activities at Olduvai Camp
Optional - EXCURSIONS WITH THE MASSAI
The area around Olduvai is ideal for hiking and walking. The tours are organized directly from the camp:
Enjoy an afternoon walk to the highest kopjes in the area. You will experience the African sunset against the backdrop of the breathtaking plains of the Serengeti.
In the morning hours we recommend an excursion to the nearby Olduvai Gorge. A special trek is the day trip to a summit of the surrounding volcanoes. All treks are led by experienced Masai warriors.
Other lodges in Serengeti Migration Area
Alternative places to stay in this same area.