Annie's Cottage: Our full report
Annie's Cottage is situated in the residential area in the heart of Springbok and is a good base from where ...... you can explore the Namaqua National Park, especially in spring (the end of August/beginning of September) when the beautiful wild flowers bloom.
The owner, Petronella Trumpelmann, has wonderfully restored this old manor house to its former glory. Each of the eleven en suite rooms is individually decorated and furnished, so no two rooms are alike - all are pretty lavish. The rooms all have their own private entrances that lead on to the veranda, into the garden or private patios. All are equipped with antique furniture, air-conditioning, ceiling fans, tea/coffee station, TVs with selected satellite channels, internet connections and a fully stocked mini bar. Hairdryers and bath robes are added extras.
There is a well furnished lounge and an ornate dining room.
Annie's Cottage has a lovely shaded pool and a comfortable verandah overlooking the gardens with old Jacaranda trees, where you can just relax and have a cool drink.
Although no activities are offered directly by Annie's Cottage most people take themselves off to the Namaqualand wildflower reserves which are close by.
This small, individual guesthouse offers a friendly atmosphere and a good place to stay for visits to the nearby Namaqua National Park. It is quite quirky but we thought it a fine guesthouse when we last visited in May 2011.
Country manager: South Africa
- Namaqualand, South Africa
- Ideal length of stay
- 2 - 3 nights is recommended here in flower season.
- Accessible by
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Food quality
Springbok offers a few restaurants for lunch and evening meals.
- Attitude towards children
- Children are welcome at Annie's Cottage.
- Property’s age restrictions
- There are no age restrictions here.
- Generally recommended for children
- Annie's Cottage is recommend for children.
- There are no in-room phones but there is cell phone reception. Internet connection is available.
- TV & radio
- TV's are in each rooms.
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Medical care
- There are doctors and a hospital in Springbok.
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Fire safety
- There are fire extinguishers around the property.
- Disabled access
- Not Possible
- Laundry facilities
- A full Laundry Service is available at an extra charge.
- A central safe at reception is available to store valuables.
- Accepted payment on location
- Annie's Cottage accept Visa card, Mastercard, Amex and South African Rand.
Other lodges in Namaqualand
Alternative places to stay in this same area.