Haus Sonneneck: Our full report
Located in the suburb of Eros Park, Haus Sonneneck is rapidly gaining a reputation as one of Windhoek's best pensions.It is set in beautiful lush gardens, which are filled with blooming flowers, trickling water features and plenty of birds. All is calm and peace, yet the centre of Windhoek with its restaurants and shopping centres is just a few minutes' drive away.
Haus Sonneneck has eight spacious and comfortable guest rooms, with a modern yet warm decor. Each room has an en-suite shower room with soaps provided. In the rooms themselves there's air-conditioning, telephone and satellite TV, a mini-bar, as well as facilities to make hot drinks and a wall safe for personal belongings. Besides, all the rooms at Haus Sonneneck have their own stretch of private garden or courtyard with a table and chairs. Two rooms also feature a small open-plan kitchenette, and for families there's a very large room with a double bed, a single bed and a ¾-size futon.
The main facilities include a sparkling swimming pool, overhung by trees and surrounded by the lovely gardens which are the hallmark of the place. There is a bar area, a breakfast room and an outdoor sitting area overlooking the pool, where breakfasts (German-style and full English) are served. Self-drivers will welcome the plentiful secure parking.
Whilst staying at Haus Sonneneck, you could spend a happy few hours bird watching in the garden, or lazing in the swimming pool – but most people come here at the start or end of their trips, using it as a convenient and comfortable base in Namibia.
- Windhoek, Namibia
- Ideal length of stay
- 1 night
- Accessible by
- Self-drive or Fly-and-Transfer
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Food quality
- Haus Sonneneck serves German and English breakfasts.
- Attitude towards children
- Children of all ages are welcome at Haus Sonneneck, and the lodge has a large family room.
- Property’s age restrictions
- Cots are available on request.
- A telephone is available in every guest room.
- TV & radio
- Every room has satellite TV.
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Medical care
- Haus Sonneneck is situated very close to the MediClinic at Eros.
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Security measures
- Haus Sonneneck has a high fence with a remote controlled gate.
- Fire safety
- Disabled access
- On Request
- Laundry facilities
- Laundry is available for an extra cost.
- Accepted payment on location
- MasterCard and Visa are accepted.
Other lodges in Windhoek
Alternative places to stay in this same area.