Namib Guesthouse: Our full report
Located in a quiet, residential area of Swakopmund, Namib Guesthouse is a small, eco-friendly bed and breakfast.It is conveniently located, just 10-15 minutes walk from the seafront and a similar distance to the town centre.
The Namib Guesthouse sits on a quiet, residential street in the Kramersdorf area of Swakopmund. As you walk in the main entrance you pass through a pleasant astro-turf courtyard, flanked by several of the lodges rooms and the reception area, pleasantly decorated with quirky ornamental sculptures. Beyond the reception area you find the communal dining area, honesty bar and lounge where free newspapers and WiFi are provided.
Each of the eight en-suite rooms have pale wooden floors, modern décor, floral patterns on the bed and brightly coloured walls, varying in shade between each of the rooms.. Satellite TV, tea and coffee making facilities, a safe and complementary bottled water come as standard. Each of the en-suites has a shower whilst the luxury rooms also have a bath. For travellers with younger children there is also a family room with one double room, one twin and a sleeper couch.
Swakopmund is well know for the broad range of activities on offer and we understand that the staff at Namib Guesthouse are happy to advise and arrange many of these for you, making it a good base to explore from. They can also assist with restaurant recommendations, reservations and more general area information.
Namib Guesthouse is a pleasant, modern property in a peaceful yet convenient area of Swakopmund. The comfortable furnishings, efficient service, and incredibly helpful and friendly nature of the staff make this a superb base from which to explore Swakopmund.
Country manager: Namibia
- Swakopmund & Walvis Bay, Namibia
- Ideal length of stay
- 2-3 nights
- Namib Guesthouse can be found at number 61 Anton Lubowski ave.
- Accessible by
- Self-drive or Fly-and-Transfer
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Attitude towards children
- Children of every age are welcome at Namib Guesthouse
- Property’s age restrictions
- Free WiFi is available. There is also a telephone and a fax.
- TV & radio
- Satellite TV available in each room.
- Water supply
Health & safety
- Medical care
- Swakopmund's private Cottage Hospital is five minutes from Cornerstone Guesthouse.
Quadbike warning: quad-biking is sometimes available as an activity from Cornerstone Guest House. As with any potentially dangerous activity, it’s vital that you take responsibility for ensuring that you have adequate travel insurance prior to getting involved. Be aware that some insurances cover quad-bike activities only for bikes with lower engine ratings: check such clauses particularly carefully before you get on a bike.
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Fire safety
- Disabled access
- On Request
- Laundry facilities
- Laundry service is available
- There are safes in each room.
- Accepted payment on location
- Mastercard, American Express and Visa cards are possible. For cash payments South African rand and Namibian dollars are accepted.
Other lodges in Swakopmund & Walvis Bay
Alternative places to stay in this same area.