Secret Garden Guesthouse: Our full report
Secret Garden Guesthouse has a convenient location in the centre of Swakopmund.Simple and comfortable, its rooms are brightly decorated and spotlessly clean.
The 11 rooms at Secret Garden Guesthouse are light and bright with a seaside theme. The walls are painted various shades of blue and pictures of beaches are hung above the beds. Nine of the rooms face the courtyard, while the other two suites have their own private balcony. These suites have turnable televisions that can be watched from the bed or from the lounge area. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms.
The guesthouse has a small garden, after which it was named. In this garden is a braai area. Inside is the dining area where breakfast buffets are served in the morning. While the guesthouse doesn't serve lunch and dinner, meals can be found in the guesthouse's next door bistro. Here guests can tuck in to pizza, light lunches and a dish of the day, or make use of the licensed bar.
Wireless internet is available at the guesthouse, which also has many books that guests can browse. There's a TV room with tea and coffee facilities and an alarmed parking area. The guesthouse can help with booking any of the activities available in Swakopmund.
Secret Garden Guesthouse is a simple yet comfortable stop for a couple of nights in Swakopmund It is conveniently located in the centre of town, not far from the sea.
Country manager: Namibia
- Swakopmund & Walvis Bay, Namibia
- Ideal length of stay
- 2–3 nights
- Secret Garden Guesthouse is located on Bismarck Street in Swakopmund.
- Accessible by
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Food quality
- A buffet breakfast is served daily.
- Dining style
- Individual Tables
- Dining locations
- Indoor Dining
- Attitude towards children
- Children are welcome at Secret Garden Guesthouse.
- Property’s age restrictions
- There are no age restrictions at Secret Garden Guesthouse.
- Generally recommended for children
- Children must be supervised by their parents at all times.
- Free wireless internet is available in the main areas of Secret Garden Guesthouse. There is also good mobile phone reception.
- TV & radio
- There's a TV in the main area and some rooms
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Medical care
- There are many doctors in Swakopmund, as well as the Cottage Medical Hospital.
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Fire safety
- Disabled access
- On Request
- Laundry facilities
- A laundry service is available for an extra charge.
- Accepted payment on location
- Local currency plus Visa and MasterCard are accepted here.
Other lodges in Swakopmund & Walvis Bay
Alternative places to stay in this same area.