Etosha Oberland Lodge: Our full report
Just 12 kilometres from Etosha National Park's southern entrance gate, Etosha Oberland Lodge promises comfortable ...... accommodation within touching distance of Namibia's premier wildlife destination. Opened in early 2020 we look forward to visiting this new property.
The same team runs Etosha Oberland Lodge as Desert Homestead Outpost, Kalahari Red Dunes Lodge and Ti Melen amoung others. As such, while we have not yet visited Etosha Oberland, we are confident that it will follow the same pattern of high-quality accommodation we have experienced at its sister properties. Here is what we know about the lodge so far.
The lodge has 18 chalets, positioned apart to ensure privacy. Each chalet overlooks the bush and has a private deck complete with deck chairs to enjoy the view. Each room has air conditioning, an indoor and outdoor walk-in shower, a mini-fridge, a hairdryer and tea/coffee station. Mosquito nets curtain the twin beds. There are three family chalets with an additional children’s bedroom.
Paved walkways link the rooms and the main area.
The main building houses a reception area, a restaurant and bar, a guest lounge with fireplace, a pool situated on the terrace, as well as a viewing deck from where one can view wildlife. Meals are served in the restaurant or garden weather dependent.
Activities focus on guided safaris into Etosha, however being so close to the park it will be straightforward for self-drive guests to explore the park in their hire vehicle.
No one from Expert Africa has visited Etosha Oberland Lodge yet. However, we expect it is a comfortable, mid-range base from which to explore the southern Etosha and its fantastic wildlife. We look forward to experiencing it ourselves soon.
Country manager: Namibia
- Etosha National Park, Namibia
- Ideal length of stay
- Two or three nights
- Etosha Oberland Lodge is located on the C38, about 12km south of Etosha's Andersson Gate.
- Accessible by
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Half Board
- Food quality
- A buffet breakfast comprises cereal, fruit, yoghurt, tea and coffee, bacon and scrambled eggs. Breakfast is served between 06:00 and 09:00
Lunch and dinner are also buffet meals, with choices including salads, soup, meats, vegetables and fruit or a cooked dessert. These are served 12:00-15:00 and 19:00-21:00 respectively. We expect the food to be hearty and wholesome.
- Attitude towards children
- Children of all ages are welcome at Etosha Oberland Lodge.
- Property’s age restrictions
- There is no age restriction. However, the minimum age for guided drives into Etosha National Park is 12 years.
- Special activities & services
- Three family rooms, each with an additional bedroom. There are currently no cots or highchairs.
- Generally recommended for children
- There is not a huge amount to keep children entertained, apart from the swimming pool.
- Children must be supervised at all times, especially at the unfenced pool on the terrace.
- Power supply notes
- There is a backup generator.
- Complimentary WiFi is available in the main building, and the lodge has a cellphone signal.
- TV & radio
- Water supply
- Water supply notes
- There are flushing toilets and plumbed in showers.
Health & safety
- Medical care
- The nearest doctor is in Outjo.
- Dangerous animals
- Moderate Risk
- Fire safety
- Disabled access
- On Request
- Laundry facilities
- There is a full laundry service available for an extra charge.
- There is a safe in every room.
- Accepted payment on location
- Payments may be made with Visa and Mastercard, and in cash with Namibian dollars or South African rand.
Other lodges in Etosha National Park
Alternative places to stay in this same area.