Robin Pope Safaris bush-camp: Our full report
If you stay at either of Robin Pope safari's camps in the Nsefu Sector of the South Luangwa National Park, ...... Nsefu or Tena Tena, then it's also possible to opt (in advance) to go on a RPS bushcamp for a night or two – to sleep out with your guide, deep in the bush, around a campfire.
This involves walking with your guide and a maximum of three other guests. You camp simply, using a small canvas tent, a hot bucket shower and a long-drop toilet – though a camp assistant and a chef come along to help raise the experience to a magical one!
As well as Nsefu and its nearby sister camp, Tena Tena, Robin Pope Safaris also run Nkwali, Robin's House and the Luangwa Safari House in the Mfuwe area of park. Further afield, in the Lower Zambezi National Park, RPS are also partly responsible for Chongwe River House.
- South Luangwa National Park, Zambia
- Accessible by
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Full Board & Activities
- Solo Travel
- Solo travellers sometimes include a night in the Robin Pope Safaris’ bush-camp as part of an adventurous holiday. This very intimate experience leads you deep into the bush where you sleep out around a campfire – and remarkably there’s no single-person supplement.
- See ideas for Solo Travel
- Robin Pope Safari guides are generally very knowledgeable about the varied birdlife of the area.
- See ideas for Birdwatching
- Attitude towards children
- Generally recommended for children
Our travellers’ wildlife sightings from Robin Pope bush-camp
Since mid-2018, many of our travellers who stayed at Robin Pope Safaris bush-camp have kindly recorded their wildlife sightings and shared them with us. The results are below. Click an animal to see more, and here to see more on our methodology.
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Dangerous animals
- High Risk
- Fire safety
Guided walking safari
- Disabled access
- Not Possible
- Laundry facilities
- No Laundry Facilities
Other lodges in South Luangwa National Park
Alternative places to stay in this same area.