Lemala Nanyukie: Our full report
Lemala’s latest offering, Lemala Nanyukie, opened in 2018.The camp is located in the central Serengeti, just outside of the busy Seronera area. The region is known for its high numbers of big cats and is typically home to the wildebeest migration between November and January.
We understand that Lemala Nanyukie is located 35km away from Seronera Airstrip, just a 40 minute drive to the camp.
There are 15 guest tented suites, including one family two-bedroom tented suite. The suites will be built among the kopjes and will overlook the Serengeti plains. We believe the camp is of similar quality to its sister camp in the northern Serengeti, Lemala Kuria Hills, which is luxurious and contemporary.
The suites have a lounge area and en-suite bathroom, as well as various touches not amiss in a smart city hotel: hair-dryer, mini bar and tea- and coffee-making facilities – quite unusual in tented camps on safari. At the front of each tent is a large deck and seating area – and perhaps the highlight – a private plunge pool.
The family unit comprises two full size suite tents, interconnected by a covered private dining area.
Centrally situated within the camp, the main areas include a bar, lounge, dining area and curio shop. And should the private plunge pools at the rooms not be enough, there is also a large infinity pool here.
Activities at Lemala Nanyukie focus on game drives in the surrounding central Serengeti plains. This area of the Serengeti has great densities of wildlife, though some parts can be busy in high season with other vehicles. It is a good location for the wildebeest migration at certain times during the year, particularly November-December.
Based on our experience of Lemala’s other high end camp, we have high expectations for Lemala Nanyukie. The camp seems to be stylish and well run, with a high-end finish. We believe it's in one of the better central Serengeti locations, in terms of the wildlife and relative number of other visitors. Please ask your Expert Africa specialist for the latest on this new camp.
Country manager: Tanzania
- Serengeti Migration Area, Tanzania
- Ideal length of stay
- 3-4 nights
- The camp is located 35km from Seronera Airstrip.
- Accessible by
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Full Board & Activities
- Food quality
- From our experiences at other Lemala camps, we would expect the food here to be of very good quality, with a mixture of international and local cuisine.
- Attitude towards children
- Property’s age restrictions
- Age 4 and above.
- Special activities & services
- There is a kids' club called Lemala Cubs, with an interactive set of activities for children aged up to 11 years old. There is no child-minding service.
- Generally recommended for children
- Although the camp has swimming pools and a kids' club, Lemala Nanyukie is quite a sophisticated camp with a relatively adult atmosphere. We suggest this camp is suitable for older children.
- The camp is unfenced so children need to be under parental supervision at all times.
Our travellers’ wildlife sightings from Lemala Nanyukie
Since mid-2018, many of our travellers who stayed at Lemala Nanyukie have kindly recorded their wildlife sightings and shared them with us. The results are below. Click an animal to see more, and here to see more on our methodology.
- Power supply notes
- There are backup systems for 24 hour power.
- Free Wi-Fi in rooms only.
- Water supply notes
- All rooms have plumbed hot showers and flush toilets.
Health & safety
- Dangerous animals
- High Risk
- Fire safety
Hot air ballooning
- Disabled access
- Laundry facilities
- Complimentary laundry service included.
Other lodges in Serengeti Migration Area
Alternative places to stay in this same area.