Reviews of Zambezi Queen
They do not necessarily represent the views of Expert Africa.
Zambezi Queen review
High expectations, and not disappointed.Read more about the whole safari
This Safari Comes to You.
The best part of this is the armchair style of watching the animals. One of my best memories of Africa is of watching the sun come up while I lay in bed. Another is of the elephants crossing the river in the dark of the night. The bed and the rooms were comfortable but the bathroom really needed a touch up. The sink and the floor coverings were stained and the shower "shell" had holes in it from prior attempts at fitting the shower screen.
The trek up to the Namibian Police station on top of the hill I could have done without. We really should have had a guide accompany us up this road to reduce confusion regarding directions and uncertainty under the gaze of less than friendly locals.
The water safaris were a great way to see the local wildlife and birds.
The management and staff do a great job under difficult resourcing conditions.
Luxury on the Zambezi Queen
No complaints at all.Read more about the whole safari
A different look at Africa
A nice ship, very nicely decorated. The food was good, but not spectacular and I did not get special attention to my dietary needs. Lunches were a buffet type, but without a great variety. The activities were OK. The best were the sundown cruise and the dinner served on land.
Passing through Namibia and Bostwana inmigration posts serveral times was very annoying.
The Ultimate Bird Hide!!
After our stay at two bush camps this was a great way to relax after the rigours of safari. You can take part in as much or as little of the activities on offer as you choose. Staff are very friendly and attentive and look after you very well.
The suites are very spacious with sliding doors onto your own balcony, looking out over the Zambezi.
The top deck lounge and dining area is very comfortable with large sofas where you can relax with a beer and watch the wildlife come to you! The last night Boma dinner held under the stars on the Namibian shore was very enjoyable with traditional Botswana and Namibian food, The crew also give you a taste of local cultural singing and dancing around the fire.
Just one thing to note is that due to the Zambezi Queen being registered in Namibia not Botswana you have to exit Botswana via an immigration check point and take a small boat across the Zambezi to Namibia. You then have to walk a distance to the Namibian immigration point over fairly rough ground - so where sensible footwear!
Fantastic setting and the quality of the accommodation was comparable to the best we have experienced in Europe. Great modern decor and all the facilities you need in the room/cabin. The food was really fantastic.
We enjoyed all the trips on smaller boats and marvelled at the number of elephants, hippos and crocodiles we saw. A perfect experience.
We had expected the boat to be moving along the river but apparently there was a problem with one of the engines and it stayed moored in the same place. However, in the end it did not matter much because we still had a great time.
Zambezi Queen - absolutely 5 star
The Zambezi Queen is fantastic:
- superb location moored in the middle of the Chobe river - I lay on my bed watching elephants on the bank of the river, and at night I went to sleep listening to the hippos on the bank nearby
- service is first rate, from the welcome song as I boarded, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. It truly fely as if I couldn't have been looked after any better
- food is excellent, breakfast and dinner on board were very good, and included afternoon tea, but the highlight was the dinner on land on the last night. A sort boat ride to the bank where our tables had been arranged under the stars, lit by lanterns, and served a local boma, with food, dancing and music - quite magical.
- activities - game drive, boat rides along the bank (saw that big croc I was looking for!), and more fishing
- star gazing from the top deck was excellent because it is moored away from any lights.
Overall highly recommended, I loved this