Intermezzo Guesthouse: Our full report
Intermezzo Guesthouse is a small bed and breakfast located in a quiet residential area of Swakopmund, about ...... 25 minutes walk from the town centre, or a short drive.
The 9 rooms are made up of seven twin,double or triple rooms and two family rooms. Each are clean, bright and fairly spacious and offer hairdryers, telephones and tea and coffee making facilities and some have a small balcony with a table and chairs. The larger family rooms have a small seating area which adds a bit of space, and stops them from feeling too crowded. The rooms all have large en-suite bathrooms equipped with showers, and some of the rooms have an additional bathtub.
The brightly coloured lounge has several comfy sofas looking out over the well-manicured gardens, and adjoins the light and airy dining room. Breakfast is served here as a buffet, with hot food also available by order. Plants, shells and African carvings dotted around these areas soften the edges, and lend the guesthousea homely feeling. This atmosphere is aided by the staff, who have always been incredibly welcoming, and the personalized ‘good morning’ notes are a thoughtful touch.
All activities and restaurants in Swakopmund can be booked at reception.
Intermezzo is a friendly and welcoming guesthouse in a quiet area of Swakopmund. The yellow theme running through the building makes it feel bright and sunny, a comfortable place to base yourself while you explore Swakopmund.
Country manager: Namibia
- Swakopmund & Walvis Bay, Namibia
- Ideal length of stay
- 2-3 nights
- Following Strand Street north from Swakopmund, you will see Dolphin Street on your right. Intermezzo is number 9.
- Accessible by
Food & drink
- Usual board basis
- Bed & Breakfast
- Food quality
- Breakfast is a buffet of breads, cereals and fruits served with tea and coffee.
- Attitude towards children
- Children are welcome at Intermezzo Guesthouse.
- Property’s age restrictions
- There are no age restrictions at Intermezzo Guesthouse.
- Generally recommended for children
- Yes Intermezzo Guesthouse is a comfortable place for families with children to stay.
- Children must be under constant parental supervision.
- There are telephones in the rooms.
- TV & radio
- Satellite TV is available in the lounge.
Health & safety
- Malarial protection recommended
- Medical care
- There are many doctors and a hospital in Swakopmund.
- Dangerous animals
- Low Risk
- Security measures
- The front door is locked and guests must be let in by reception.
- Fire safety
- Fire extinguishers are available.
- Disabled access
- On Request
- Laundry facilities
- A laundry service is available for an extra charge.
- Local currencies are accepted here.
- Accepted payment on location
- Visa and MasterCard are accepted at Intermezzo Guesthouse.
Other lodges in Swakopmund & Walvis Bay
Alternative places to stay in this same area.